Quick question about F-2619 Power Supply RF circuit board

Juan9568

Recapping this board I found this plastic thing protecting one cap. Should I still use it with the new one?

After recapping the board is it necessary to check the voltage on that trimmer? Whats should be the voltage?
I don't know if changing the caps will affect it.

The PVC sleeve is a heat shield between the large heat sink and the capacitor. Leave it on if the replacement cap is as large as the original or just glue it around a smaller cap to create an air gap barrier. Better yet, install the cap on the underside of the F2619 PCB away from the heat source. When you're done, set the trimmer so you get exactly 12.5V between point 01 and ground. This RF power supply board feeds the Dolby board, which specifically requires those 12.5V, so it's important.

The PVC sleeve is a heat shield between the large heat sink and the capacitor. Leave it on if the replacement cap is as large as the original or just glue it around a smaller cap to create an air gap barrier. Better yet, install the cap on the underside of the F2619 PCB away from the heat source. When you're done, set the trimmer so you get exactly 12.5V between point 01 and ground. This RF power supply board feeds the Dolby board, which specifically requires those 12.5V, so it's important.
I'll try installing it underneath.
Where is point 01 and ground?? on the trimmer or between resistors? I have to do it with the unit on?

point 01 is to the left of C05 (bottom left of your last pic) and ground is the chassis. You're measuring the PCB's regulated power supply voltage so naturally, the unit has to be turned on.

Back
Top Bottom