QUICK! you opinion on these Altec lansings before someone else buys them! please

qboneus

Altec lansing 880B bi-wireable
what are they worth and are they any good?
I like the looks but can't find ant info on them
thanks,
Tal

Tal I can't find this model listed in the blue book or in any google searches. Are you sure that's the correct model number? How old would you assume these are? Are they horns or not?

Mike

Not horns,
Model on backplate said Altec Lansing Model 880B
Is Bi-wireable and at least a two way I can see two drivers a tweet and a 4-5 in mid and I assumeasmall subenclosed because the bottom of the cab below the lugs on back maybe 4 in high by 8-10 wide is open on the bottom, However I cannot see any drivers under there. Is it common procedure to make a two way bi-wirable or is this possibly a 3?
Maybe 10-15 yrs old??
Thanks!:dunno:

BTW the label said 200 watts max.
I am sorry for my incredibly poor grammar I was typing in a hurry
and am normally not such a slob about my posts.

I went and picked them up I've always loved a good mystery!
If anyone has any information about these please let me know.
Thanks,
Tal

Last edited:
Originally posted by benjamin
I can't help you out but am looking for the same info on Altec Lansing's 301b.

Can't find the "301b", but found the "301".
3-way floorstanding, 10" woof, 2" mid, 1" tweet?
Year: 1986.
Orion Bluebook:
MSRP $750
Retail used $140
Wholesale avg $47
Wholesale mint $80

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

That sounds like them....a local pawnshop had them on sale for $125cdn. Maybe I'll take a second look at them.

Originally posted by benjamin
Thanks Jeff,

That sounds like them....a local pawnshop had them on sale for $125cdn. Maybe I'll take a second look at them.

You're welcome, Benjamin.

I've never heard those speakers, but $125cdn doesn't sound like a bad price to me. Wouldn't that be about 80 bucks American?

A bit off the subject, but I don't think we have pawn shops in the area of Wisconsin where I live, perhaps not in Wisconsin at all. But I do believe they have them in the Chicago area. I may have to check one out-sounds interesting.

I haven't a clue as to how they work though.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom