QX-747 Specs?

tx1488

Old stuff addict.
I'm bidding on a Pioneer QX-747 on the bay(tx1488 on there too), and I don't have a clue what the specs are for this receiver. It sure looks cool with the blue lights and fake scope though. :cool: Anyone have some info for it?

orion says,

PIONEER RCV, QX- 747 QUAD
Description: BUILT-IN CD/4 DEMODULATOR, REGULAR & SQ MATRIX DECODERS
Manufacture Years: 1974 - 1976
Additional Information:
Power: 20wpc
Retail
MSRP: $650.00

Thanks, Crotalus, that's what I was looking for. I think that will be plenty of power for where I plan to use it. :thmbsp:

Just 17 hours left on auction, and I'm still the high bidder. Hopefully the low power rating will keep others away, 'cause that is one cool looking receiver. I can't wait to lay my eyes on that beauty in a dark room. :banana:

I think the 747/949 is an early model '74-'76 and the 747A/949A is '77-'79. There might be a minor difference like circuit improvements or something. I don't know exact details.

These images are from a 1975 (949) and a 1976 (949A) Pioneer catalog. I don't see much of a difference. They even weigh the same. The only thing I see is that the 949A includes the S/N ratio and that it is walnut veneered. If the 949 had a wood case that would make it heavier though. Hmmm.....I bet more detailed specs are needed to see the difference.

Back
Top Bottom