qx949 fm faint in phono1-2

john stumpf

ive just noticed that with head phones on my 949 it has faint fm in the head phones with the volume REALLY cranked up to at least 3/4. it does it in all modes 2ch cd4 sq. it is slightly louder in phono 1 but is present in phono 2.the equalizer has, as all the other boards, been cleaned, recapped and re-transistored. the same cleaning treatment was given multiple times and deoxit to the gang switches.i doubt you would ever hear it through speakers at normal levels or even "young guy" party levels but i know it isnt right.

Well that is strange, l am not thinking of FM in particular but the 70-80 vintage units l have owned i'm sure all had some degree of bleed through from different sources in varying degrees at very high volume control levels, it would never be there with the control at normal level.

I bet if you have a turntable playing through say phono 1 and you have selector on phono 2 that you WILL get some bleed through.

ill try that and let you know. im back to cleaning the function switch for 5th time cant help to think if theres a shielding issue somewhere. the odd thing is why just fm and not am too? why was it necessary to energize the radio card CONSTANTLY????

Back
Top Bottom