R.I.P. Col. Bruce Hampton

Never saw him but remember posters for Col Bruce Hampton and the Aquarium Rescue Unit. My age too, R. I. P.

Wow. I've spent a good portion of my life playing or listening to music and there was a fair emphasis on fusion/jam music for awhile there. That's why I'm ashamed to admit that before yesterday, I had never heard of Col. Hampton. Great, now I'm probably going to discover another great artist after his demise. Can anybody recommend a place to start?

RIP, Colonel.

Very unfortunate. :( A friend of mine turned me on to the Hampton Grease Band several years back, and I'm lucky enough to have an original vinyl copy of their lone (double) album, "Music to Eat" (supposedly, the second-lowest-selling album in Columbia Records' history!). I also have an Aquarium Rescue Unit concert poster, which looks suitably trippy. RIP, Colonel. :bye:
-Adam

Wow. I've spent a good portion of my life playing or listening to music and there was a fair emphasis on fusion/jam music for awhile there. That's why I'm ashamed to admit that before yesterday, I had never heard of Col. Hampton. Great, now I'm probably going to discover another great artist after his demise. Can anybody recommend a place to start?

RIP, Colonel.

Anything he did with The Aquarium Rescue Unit, is worth listening to.

On the stage of the fabulous Atlanta Fox, what a way for a hometown musician to go!
140408_blog_photo_Atlanta_FoxTheater_bespokemagazineonline.com_.jpg

From the stage.
grandviewstageback.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom