R.I.P. George Grand aka Toasted Almond

luvvinvinyl

My best pal, Molly
Subscriber
It is with great sadness that I tell you of the passing of an AK luminary, and my friend, Mr. George Grand, our own Toasted Almond, Ballbuster extraordinaire.

George was diagnosed with lung cancer, last year, and it spread. His valiant struggle ended yesterday, April 19, and he left this place, to be again with his beloved daughter Tiffany. He is survived by his wife Teresa and daughter Stephanie.

Information on the services from the funeral home's website:

http://www.perinchief.com/obituaries/George-Grand/#!/Obituary

There is also a Share A Memory link on that page. Please help us let the family know that George had friends around the world, and that he will be greatly missed.

So sorry to hear the news. It's always sad to lose such an honorable man. I and many considered him a friend although there was never a face to face meeting. I will send a message to his family to let them know my feelings.

Wow! I've bought lots of great records from George. I liked how he did things the old fashioned way. Send money order or check, no PayPal, I liked that. It was like ordering from an old Goldmine magazine ad in the 1980's. He will be missed. RIP George.

Very sorry to hear this, I knew George on another board before I joined AK. He was the same there also. Good guy indeed

This is such sad news. Beneath that tough outer shell was a man with a tender heart. I'm going to miss him.

RIP, dear George.

Very sad news. I only knew George from his AK record sales. He was always a gentleman. RIP George.

I too enjoyed his old fashioned business style and bought some fine LP's from him over the years.

He was a true class act. My sympathies to his friends and family.

Regards,
Michael

I bought albums from him several times before I realized he was donating the money to charity. Quite a guy, quite a loss.

Back
Top Bottom