R.I.P. George Grand aka Toasted Almond

Sorry to hear about George. I bought many a record from George while he was donating the proceeds to his favorite charity. He will be missed.

If the amount of people he obviously touched just on this forum is a measure of the man, then the world is an emptier place today. I hardly knew him but feel a loss, so I can't imagine what those close to him are going through.

A sad day in AK annals, George Grand/Toasted Almond was as kind of an AK member as ever existed. Salute to a fine AK'er. George, we'll miss you like crazy. So long old friend.

Rest in peace, George. I have some good memories from talking Air Force with him. He's gonna be missed.

I'm ESPECIALLY angry because now I'll NEVER get to Extend my hand to him, OR bestow the ginormous, regulation, East Tennessee Bear-Type HUG I kept THREATENING him with.. Guess they need more Enlisted Guys upstairs to give all the Occifers somethin' to do, besides twiddlin' their thumbs... George UNDERSTOOD..And Basically tolerated-All my wide-eyed "Flyboy" crazy questions about the marvelous Machines he dealt with on a daily basis..

Every time a member 'disappears' from these threads I wonder if they haven't met the same fate.
Though there are thankfully younger members here a lot of us here are of the senior crowd.

Though I've never interacted with him I can tell from the members here he was a well respected man.
My condolences to his family. The fact that he lost a daughter must have weighed heavily on his shoulders.
Losing a child is something my poor parents went through twice.

Great guy he sold an eddie harris album to me that i had been looking for ages , The rare mono version and it was in darngood shape ans his prices was not high. Rest in peace my friend .

George was a class act and a true gentleman. He will be greatly missed.

My condolences to his family and friends.

I'll be spinning records in his honor this evening.

My last visit with George was this past October. Resulting in me being the proud owner of Georges Carver C-19 as well as several other pieces of audio equipment.I find some comfort in the fact that he is now with his daughter Tiffany. RIP my friend

Sad news, condolences to his family. I only knew him through his (massive and entertaining) record listings here. He will be missed. R.I.P.

I'm sad to hear this. I enjoyed reading his posts and happily bought from him too.

:(

Well In celebration of life I am starting to see friends of George's, members, long time members weighing in. Members we haven't see for a while, and I think about you all when I see older threads, long standing thread. I hold many of you in high esteem as this place in the worldwide web called Audiokarma, called home, a place to hang our hat after a day of work.

As we all get older and older we know this is a time that comes to us all, to our friend and family and what seems to be sooner than later. Please check in and stay in touch.

Hearing this news of George, and not having a clue that he was ill, he stuck and stayed. I went looking for a resent thread that was pretty much a gripe session on behavior of some members use of barter town. He sure had a lot to say:biggrin: and personally I loved it. He went out swinging in my mind and really must have been some of his last post I seen.

A honorable man indeed....:bowdown:

Back
Top Bottom