R.I.P. George Grand aka Toasted Almond

I was proud to know George and to call him a friend. I knew of his illness, but he didn't want everyone to know and made me promise not to tell anyone.

George was a character and lived life on his terms. A gentleman of the highest order, a true class act with a big heart and as stubborn as they come. I still remember the first time I met him, had the honor of riding in the Shark and was treated to a slice at his local pizza shop. The amount of vintage gear in his garage was staggering, from floor to ceiling and all sealed in plastic. I even got a look at the magic closet.

I'll miss you, my friend. We had some great times.

I didn't know him beyond enjoying his posts here, but I feel a significant loss just the same. Funny how that works. My sincere and heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

I'm wondering if it's the same person I met? Did he live around the Mid to South Jersey area? I think I bought two pairs of Advent speakers from him, and his system at home had some big AR speakers. It's been a few years since we hung out.

So sad, RIP mate.

Lee.

Hello,

George is a class act , a fine Gentleman who lives up to the term "Gentleman" and a friend.

He will be sorely missed but has a place in my heart forever.

Love and prayers my friend and rest in peace.

Frannie

George Grand was my friend. And a very, very good one, at that. You old reprobate, you should have said goodbye before you hopped that Shetland pony headed west.

"Another Man done gone..."

Oh, man, I"m bummed to hear that. I had some interactions with him early on in my visits here and he was one of the ones that led me to feeling like a member of a community. He'll be missed

RIP George. Like many here, I knew him through his record listings- I always looked though them even when I wasn't buying. A great loss for AK.

Goodbye my friend, please give Tiffany an extra hug from me will ya?

R.I.P George, you and yours will be in my prayers.

It's good to see the comments here for George, AK is a family and when one of the family passes on, it's nice to be remembered. A man's legacy is how he treats others. Sometimes a boot in the ass is needed, sometimes a simple positive message that people care and take an interest in another persons life makes all the difference. That's what family is and always should be

Sitting here in tears, yet again, as I read through the comments. I will miss George so much. I considered him a friend, he made me feel welcome here. I last talked to him in December when I asked if it was OK if I resurrected one of his old threads to get an album for someone for XMAS. He told me, "for you, of course". That's the way he was, extremely giving and kind. Of course he needled me or razzed me about things sometimes, but I didn't care, I knew he only did it because he liked me. He'll always remain in my heart, and a part of him is now in me, hopefully making me a better person, that was his ultimate gift to me. Thank you George, I love you and miss you

George and his record sales for charity were unique in my experience, and though I never met him I feel I knew him, and will miss him.
He was a noble soul. Sorry I never got to meet him face to face. I'm sure George will be remembered by many of us whenever we play one of his records. Godspeed George.

Back
Top Bottom