R.I.P Glen Campbell

Sad to hear of his passing, he had a tough fight for the last several years. RIP.

Just saw this on google news. Although I wasn't a fan he was certainly a part of the musical fabric of the times... RIP.

What a career....he was a musician that played with Sinatra, toured with the Beach boys and also recorded with Nat King Cole, The Monkees and Elvis before hitting it big on his own.

My sister bought a compilation album of his when I was 10. It had his hits. Excellent stuff. I've always loved that music. I never realised until about 5 years ago what a great guitarist he was. That was a revelation. He struggled valiantly to keep things on track despite the Alzheimer's. His family rallied with him. It was touching to see and tragic at the same time. He made his mark and will be more well remembered and appreciated than most of us. That's fame for ya. The main thing I think he can hold his head up about was that he was a gentleman and didn't seem to let his fame go to his head.

Crap. This is very sad news. The Wichita Lineman is no longer "still on the line." First a top rate picker, then one of a kind singer/frontman and even a TV personality, this guy was just great great great. Starting this very second I'm playing his stuff until I turn in.

What a talent ... part of our youth for sure, all his studio work on the wrecking crew, before we even knew who he was!
RIP Mr Cambell ...

Back
Top Bottom