R.I.P Glen Campbell

This is another person born with too much talent. He left quite a legacy, in which not many, if any, could accomplish today.
Prayers of comfort to his surviving family.
Rest In Peace Glen Campbell

Heard the sad news this morning over here.
Very sad loss for what was a great musician if his era.
They don't make 'em like that anymore...

Last edited:
A superb guitarist. Like many great session musicians, it's hard to know how many records he played on.

Love the way he sang all those great Jimmy Webb songs. My favorite is probably Galveston.

RIP Glen. I'll have the memory of working one of the tour stops in his farewell tour in 2012 (correct me if I'm wrong on the year).

One of the purest voices ever and guitar playing skills to match. Sleep well, Mr. Campbell
Yes. The purity of his voice. He could convey more emotion than most, in particular a heartfelt and longing sincerity that made all those songs ring so so true. "Gentle On My Mind" is so poignant. Same goes for "By the Time I Get To Phoenix."
His vocal talent is so stunning that it overshadows an extraordinary string playing ability.
No disrespect to Mr. Campbell, but I'm gonna stray in this thread just a little by noting that hearing him, right now, through a pair of Boston Acoustics A150's run by a Marantz 2270 is choking me up. Reminds me what this hobby is all about.

I really don't mind the rain
and a smile can hide all the pain...

Loved that song when I was in...what...middle school. Thanks Mr. Campbell.

If anything jogs my memory, it was that Glen Campbell was a first class guitarist. You can still find some of the videos where his playing was exquisite.

Sad news, but he literally went out playing with that farewell tour. I can still remember watching his TV show as a kid with my parents and grew up to enjoy his work over the years.

Beach Boy, Wrecking Crew, TV star, sometime actor, fantastic guitarist, one helluva character, hit machine, and inspiration and mentor to other musicians. The man was a giant.

RIP Glen.

Back
Top Bottom