Radioshack speakers new life

I revamped two pairs. It was fun. Curious who may have dabbled with mach 2s....and what did they do to make them work ( or better than stock)

I did new foam on both mids and woofers of my Mach 2's. It was my first foam job. I don't know if they are better than new but I love'em. They have been on my system for at least 10 or 12 years. I can't imagine any other upgrades would make a difference when you crank them up loud. But then again I don't know much.
IMG_20180922_230917.jpg

Last edited:
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Just finished refoaming 2 pairs of Optimus Pro 77s. The new foams were not exactly like the old and didn't have a lot of lip to attach to the frame. And the old trim rings were a total bitch to get off. I did make them work, they're not terribly pretty. Some day I'm gonna make new trim rings when a find appropriate material and a really sharp knife. I was proud that I managed to get the new inner rings underneath the cones without a major hassle.

View attachment 1348447 View attachment 1348448 View attachment 1348449 View attachment 1348450 View attachment 1348451

Just finished refoaming 2 pairs of Optimus Pro 77s. The new foams were not exactly like the old and didn't have a lot of lip to attach to the frame. And the old trim rings were a total bitch to get off. I did make them work, they're not terribly pretty. Some day I'm gonna make new trim rings when a find appropriate material and a really sharp knife. I was proud that I managed to get the new inner rings underneath the cones without a major hassle.
Nice job on the surrounds. I redid a set and they were a pain due to their small size and the small overlap between cone and surround.
I run mine in parallel with with a set of Optimus 5B's and find them to be a nice complement to the 5B's.

Back
Top Bottom