RamblinE is starting to think about a new car.

Congratulations on your new car!

Enjoy!

I will give you one piece of advice - RTFM - read the freaking manual. It will give you better understanding of your car. - That is once you get past the 100 pages of safety warnings.

well, you're definitely right about the color. I haven't seen that on anything that was made after about 1987.

Cool!
When you said brown I thought about one my coworker has that is a terrible tan color. Yours is no where near as ugly as that tan.
I dig it.

Nice surprise. Sure stands out in the snow!

Ramblin, I like the Fiat, tho I think perhaps you might have fared better selling the Miata outright. 700 seems a crime.

Enjoy that new ride, looks nice.

I will reply to everybody else in time. I have not had a chance to go to AK on a computer since yesterday morning before shoveling at 7am. I will multi quote the test tonight.

Ramblin, I like the Fiat, tho I think perhaps you might have fared better selling the Miata outright. 700 seems a crime.

Enjoy that new ride, looks nice.

Thanks James! I had the thought to sell it to my mother that much. So I had our mechanic inspect it for her. Coming up on new brakes and rotors to pass the next PA inspection. Something about the belt tensioner was cracked and would have required dropping the block out to replace a whole front covering. The oil pan gasket was leaking. My mother and I have the same income. The issues made her leary of taking on a second vehicle.

The dealer tried to low ball me on it as well. $200 was their best offer. They gave me $700 after I just nonchalantly mentioned that I would call triple A and get it towed home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations on your new car!

Enjoy!

I will give you one piece of advice - RTFM - read the freaking manual. It will give you better understanding of your car. - That is once you get past the 100 pages of safety warnings.

Thanks hdewees! And yes you're right. I already did some research before purchase where I discovered that Fiat uses a proprietary coolant in the car. I also had to flip into the manual last night to see what kind of gas is recommended. If it weren't for school and work I'd have gone through it already.

well, you're definitely right about the color. I haven't seen that on anything that was made after about 1987.

At least it's nondescript. I did find myself behind a Subaru Legacy this morning that was the same shade. Makes me wonder if I will only now notice other cars in this color because now I have one. They were invisible before.

Nice car.......how is the sound system in it?

It's a car stereo. Bloated midbass and such. Somewhere down the road if I can swing it I would like to install Focal components but until then it'll do fine for listening to NPR and the local UPenn station (WXPN for anybody who's local)

Cool!
When you said brown I thought about one my coworker has that is a terrible tan color. Yours is no where near as ugly as that tan.
I dig it.

Well, it is growing on me.

Nice surprise. Sure stands out in the snow!

Yeah, but if I lived in say, Boston, right now it would still be buried xD

I like the color very much, and the tan interior too. Nice car.

The interior is the best part! All 500s have a body color panel across the dash. While I would have preferred white the price on this car was a little too good to pass up. The white wheel and center console are nice. The rest of the interior is brown/black and will do fine. I've always liked two tone interiors anyway and the Miata had me spoiled with it's "saddle" seats, floor carpets and door inserts combined with the regular black dash, console and wheel.

Last edited:
Also of note, it was less than 36 hours before I had to pay the tax. A tax that is levied on all Fiat owners in North America. The tax is the joke....

Mother says "I told *coworker* that you got a Fiat and he told me what Fiat stands me!"

Me: *groan*

Girlfriend: *evil cackling laughter*

Mother: "It stands for... wait for it... Fix it again Tony!"

The dealer tried to low ball me on it as well. $200 was their best offer. They gave me $700 after I just nonchalantly mentioned that I would call triple A and get it towed home

My last attempted trade ... the Dealer tried to low ball me a full $2500 plus below wholesale book value according to Edmunds. Keep in mind that the car was in excellent mechanical & body condition ... well cared for ... low miles ... etc.

Last edited:
Congrats E! That brown is alright with me, better than I was expecting from your description. Hope you get many years of enjoyment out of it.

Cool car . I do like the fact cars are getting "taller" .

Looks like you got the car for a great price . Not sure you could buy a motorcycle for that price .

As for the color , if you keep driving it on Pa roads in the winter , it will be white soon enuff .

Cool car . I do like the fact cars are getting "taller" .

Looks like you got the car for a great price . Not sure you could buy a motorcycle for that price .

As for the color , if you keep driving it on Pa roads in the winter , it will be white soon enuff .

Thanks! The whole taller part means headroom is crazy. And I'm 6'2 and sit up pretty straight (as opposed to leaning back). The visibility isn't bad either. You can almost see over a lot of larger (but not taller) cars. As for the salt, PENNDOT beat you to the punch but Mother Nature cleaned it off last night.

We got another 5-6 inches of snow last night . ugh Almost March , can't wait .

Yeah we got about five and a half. All while I was at work. The car did pretty well for itself. If I still had the Miata if have either slept at work last night or be fighting with the expense department this morning over reimbursement for some overpriced flea bag motel.

Thanks frankbooth!

Well, the details.

CPO 2013 Fiat 500 Pop, manual, from the Fiat dealer. $9,900 before taxes and documents. $2000 down with another $700 in trade in value on my Miata. 48 month loan with, this shocked me, 5.9% interest rate. I was thinking I'd get at least 10% however it seems my actual Transunion when the dealer pulled it was 53 points higher than what Creditkarma predicted. My monthly payment is completely comfortable.

It was hard saying bye to the Miata. The entire dealer experience was that of melancholy and nerves, through no fault of the dealership however.

I now have to see how I fit in with the vehicle, how it holds up and whether or not I want to keep it past paying it off early.

4a415d927c4c71e2fcd300633bf51e7d.jpg

db0f769644aa1ade2f4cddc19d3830b4.jpg

Nice looking car. Sharp interior. My Dad has that Fiat too, he loves it. :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom