Rambo!

Eric H

Addicted Member
Holy cow, this is the most insanely violent movie ever!
Geysers of Scarlett blood, heads exploding, limbs tearing off, people exploding!

Saving Private Ryan looks like The Sound Of Music by comparison.

I liked it :thmbsp::thmbsp:

I just saw it and my jaw dropped open when I saw flying body parts and such. It did add to the impact of the movie, as it wanted to make a point of the violence involved in battle. I was not personally offended by the movie, but I did not experience any war action. It may not be a good movie for those that have saw action in combat to see. It would definitly open memories left closed. It was a good movie though otherewise

Holy cow, this is the most insanely violent movie ever!
Geysers of Scarlett blood, heads exploding, limbs tearing off, people exploding!

Saving Private Ryan looks like The Sound Of Music by comparison.

I liked it :thmbsp::thmbsp:

i hated it. it should have never been made, the gore had to substitute for a garbage story line. First Blood was the best of the series. hollywood will do anything to take our money and make us feel that it was worth every penny.:thumbsdn:

Not everything has to have a great story line. Sometimes a gore fest is good entertainment.

Now I am eager to see it!

I didn't see the latest, but you guys that are entertained by blowing up bodies are sick.
Rambo First Blood is a classic.

I saw the latest rendition of Rambo last night. Have to say it was the most graphically intense and relatively accurate depiction of what happens to people when they step on mines or get shot with a 50 caliber rifle and or machine gun. Unfortunately the excessive violence over-shadowed the weak story line of the movie. But in real life sh*t like that happens.

I don't think anyone was killed in First Blood. Just the one guy falling out of the copter. It's a classic.

I didn't see the latest, but you guys that are entertained by blowing up bodies are sick.

Relax, sometimes I just feel like watching something mindless, crazy and noisy, this fit the bill.
The violence was disturbing but it was so excessive it seemed like a parody at times. It was almost rated NC-17 for the amount of gore.
It also was very fast, they never lingered on any particular bit of gore long enough to make it unbearable or exploitive.

Last edited:
Ya I know.... I'm relaxed. It's not the violence so much as peoples reaction to it that gets me.

All things considered the movie was good for its type.

I generally don't watch movies of this type because they are so fakey. . . I will say it was kinda over the top in some places but if you consider it to portray what they were portraying then how can you avoid it.

I saw the movie last night and it was pretty gory but it wasn't bad and it was typical Stallone entertainment. Whether you like him or not I've never been bored by any of his films. They do what they are designed to do and that is to entertain you. The part that I DID find disturbing were the opening clips, that wasn't Hollywood, that was real footage of people being beaten and tortured and it took me awhile to get over it.

Kptn Howdie said:
i hated it. it should have never been made, the gore had to substitute for a garbage story line. First Blood was the best of the series.

Couldnt agree more.....

I saw PART 1,2 & 3 and FIRST BLOOD blows them all away!

I liked it ... "This is what we do ... who we are" ... Rambo.

Rambo would have liked the Warren Zevon song ... "Jungle Work". :thumbsup:

I saw every Rambo and even though the last Rambo is remembered for its violence i cannot remember much plot to it. The 1st blood movie will always be fresh in my mind. Truly a masterpiece of a movie that cant be matched with todays standards

Enough violence in the world w/o watching a movie and seeing it........

I dont think ill ever watch the latest rambo............

I saw every Rambo and even though the last Rambo is remembered for its violence i cannot remember much plot to it. The 1st blood movie will always be fresh in my mind. Truly a masterpiece of a movie that cant be matched with todays standards

Hey, it was the 80s so of course I went to the next Stallone action film (including Cobra) but, I like First Blood a lot and can still remember most of the... STORY.

But for Rambo all I recall is lots & lots of shooting, body count, and splatter.

Back
Top Bottom