Random play on CD changers--repeated tracks??

Tonto Yoder

Former member
Was listening to a Kenwood changer while at work and selected random play of my 5 discs; other changers I've used only played tracks once, but I'd swear this one played some tracks 3 or 4 times while seemingly neglecting other tracks completely.

Does this jibe with others' experiences??

TY

Mathematically this will be the case. By definition " random " does not take into consideration that all tracks have been played before repeating.

Yes, I also have a Kenwood 5-disc CD-P and random is anything but ... but don't ya hate it when it plays the tracks you aren't particularly fond of, and neglects the tracks you actually do want to hear.

Wardsweb's explanation is correct - my CD-P is early 90's ... I would be interested to know whether random on today's 200+ disc changers means random (ie. a bit more intelligence built in) ...

My previous changer expereince ( A JVC 3 CD boombox and a Sony changer) --both units somehow remembered what they'd played and didn't replay anything. Each would play every track eventually, though often in an unusual order. Guess I got spoiled and thought this was normal.

TY

Back
Top Bottom