Rare Diatone VS-100f 9 speaker cabinets - what are they worth?

Hi there,

I picked up a pair of these a few years back [Edited by Moderator] ...being a metre tall and almost half a metre wide their combined size isn't far off that of our fridge.

9 speakers per cabinet (8 in front, 1 larger driver ~12" in the back), all in 100% and the cabinets themselves about 95% (minor mark to rear of one speaker, otherwise pretty good).

Any ideas on the value of them or where I can find more info would be greatly appreciated. I know that Diatone is a subdivision of Mitsubishi back in their time, but I can find very little else about these monsters.

I'll try and get some real pics up later tonight, but here's a google poach.

vs-100f.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
They sound pretty alright too, I just can't find any info on them except for an ancient audiokarma thread which I think greatly over-estimated their original retail price

Those look like a pretty high end model. How much do they weigh? It would be interesting to see some pictures of the woofers to see what the baskets and magnets look like. I've read about other Diatone speakers and they were of very high quality. Did you buy them new? What did you pay?

Didn't buy them new unfortunately, though the only single reference that I can find for a RRP is someone on here a few years back estimating the RRP at 35g, which I'm sure is over the top.

Weight is about 30kg per box.

I'll have some pics up by lunch time ( over the next 6-8 hours, its 6am here)

I bought a pair of Diatone speakers at a yard sale once. They were nice but not as nice as yours. I followed the prices on eBay for a while but all the Mitsubishi (Diatone) speakers I saw didn't sell. They are good speakers but are rare and there isn't much demand or following for them.

Thanks all,

money wise all I can find is a second hand listing in Japan for these speakers in much worse condition; dented dust caps, missing stands, cones in poor condition.

They were asking 100,000 yen, so ~$1,000 USD. Does this sound in the ball-park for a value?

It may be tough to get any real money out of those. You'll have to find the right person. Where are they located??

Very cool looking speakers esp without grills. I can't add any info re: value but gut-feel is in the $500 range given their obscurity. Probably sound better than $500 though. Good luck and keep us posted.

they do sound pretty great. I can't find any history of them being distributed where I am (Australia), and considering how rare they are, I'd be surprised if they aren't the only ones in my country

One of audio shop in my country, sales the speaker, as ... 600$, I guess I can put better offer than. However, I did not the speaker could take nature sound, I thought this nice, big, and ... nothing! :D

VS-100 Diatone

P/S: Exchange 1$ ~19500vnd!

Last edited:
Last edited:
couldn't build those for $500. replacement cost alone would be well over a grand, IMO. drivers, crossovers, cabs, stands, hardware, etc, etc, etc... i think the folks here are undercutting the price. my bet says $2-3k in that condition. Probably more if you have manuals/boxes/etc.

Back
Top Bottom