Rare Earth

I've been a strong advocate of that album ever since I bought it, which was within a few weeks of its initial release. I have it on CD still, having given up vinyl. Well performed, well recorded live album.

I have been thinking about this album recently - I had it on eight track :) It is long gone, however.

It is a very good album and they were a very good band as far as I am concerned.

yep, great band and awesome guys. I saw them play a concert in the early 2000's for a dinky little town here in Michigan (Hastings). I think it was at summerfest. They arrived late because they were coming from another performance (which i'm sure paid a lot more), and still they played for well over an hour and a half, and they still kick @ss! They were playing for a crowd of probably less then 100 people, and still gave there all.

I have a very old copy of Ktel's combo Lp, Rare Earth side 1, Grand Funk side 2. People forget the very cool 7 or 8 songs RE put out. Funk, And rock, No one was better. It's still played at parties around here.

That big cover made it easy to sneak "contraban" from my house to my buddies.

We like the tunes too!

MI0002247495.jpg

Rare Earth Live

Thanks for the reminder "btlefn1". The night I read your post it reminded me that this was among the almost 3000 lp's I lost in a fire on 7/6/2001. I have slowly tried to accumulate all I lost. I ordered a copy right after your reminder. It took 10 days to arrive but it is in fantastic condition and all 4 sides are now daily listening after work. Impressive to say the least.

Listening to the 21 minute version of Get Ready (Vinyl Motown Release). First time I played the album since sometime in the mid 80's. Great drum solo.

DSCN0372.JPG

Last edited:
I purchased the live album in the late 70's. Great version of "Get Ready". Haven't listened to it for a while, will need to break it out soon!

Back
Top Bottom