Rare, hard to find, uncommon Pioneer components

Discussion in 'Pioneer Audio' started by Dr. Strangelove, Jan 9, 2006.

1. GhostDog

GhostDog AK Subscriber Subscriber

a.jpg
    Picked up a hard to find Pioneer A-D5a-PM Pure Malt Amplifier - 100V X160W - works perfectly and looks pristine. I am looking for any information manuals (PDF's) - operators, specifications, ect.
    Have a question on the remote control unit - CU-A020 is the original but isn't the CU-A013 the same remote but in black?

Wally1955 likes this.
  2. White_wolf

White_wolf Active Member

The remote looks like it is, the buttons are the same, they both have the SR logo so the codes should be the same.
    I found some specs on pioneer japan's website for the non PM version witch should be the same.
    http://pioneer.jp/corp/news/press/index/735

Here is the translation for you.

A-D5a specs:

Rated output: 110 W + 110 W (20 Hz to 20 KHz, 0.2%, 4 Ω), 60 W + 60 W (20 Hz to 20 KHz, 0.05%, 8 Ω)
    Practical maximum output: 150 W + 150 W (EIAJ, 4 Ω)
    Total harmonic distortion factor: 0.05% (-3 dB 20 Hz to 20 KHz 8 ohms)
    S / N ratio (Short circuit, A network): PHONO MM: 88 dB, CD others: 108 dB
    5 input terminals AUDIO
    (CD, TUNER, PHONO, LINE, TAPE 1 / MD)
    Output terminal Speaker output
    One speaker for each speaker A, B
    External dimensions: 420 (W) x 128 (H) x 335 (D) mm
    Weight: 6.2 kg
    Power consumption: 160 W

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  3. White_wolf

White_wolf Active Member

4. GhostDog

GhostDog AK Subscriber Subscriber

Thanks a million - I have ordered a Original New Remote Control For Pioneer CU-A013 CD and Audio System Amplifier. The remote looks like it, the buttons are the same, they both have the SR logo so the codes should be the same. Its black but that can be changed. Thanks for the information - Joe
    2 - CU-A013 Remote Control.jpg

5. sanlanman

sanlanman Active Member

Here are some pics of my vintage PLC-590 table and PA 1000 tonearm, still going strong. Note the various add-ons, AT Safety raiser, Herbie's mat (still have original mat) Decca CF record brush. The rig did have an AT150mlx cart in it but a few months ago, I decided to go retro and installed a NOS Empire 2000E/III cart in a Pickering headshell. It still sounds great.

Attached Files:

6. Mark bazinet

Mark bazinet the world is awesome today.. Subscriber

No Love for Pioneer SM-Q 300 :bye: Have been looking for an owners manual for several years.+5 years... Have posted in several media platforms (Twice here) and no luck? Wondering if any Pioneer collectors have and are willing to provide a copy / or original manual for my beloved tube amp. Willing to pay a reasonable fee for photo copies (to help pay for ink and postage) or an email. Obviously an original copy will command more effort and money. Winter is finally here time to warm up beside my tube amps. Thanks everyone.

the world is awesome today...
    cheers
    Mark