Rare, hard to find, uncommon Pioneer components

Here a pic of "my" SPEC-3:

spec3148bt.jpg

I wonder if this is as rare as it seems to be...

I picked up a Pioneer MA-100 mixer. I have not seen another one since I got mine several months ago. Pic to be posted if anybody wants to see one.

Rich P

Siamac Why rub our noses in it?

Nobody likes you, your collection makes us feel inferior, go away (but leave the Pioneer!) :thmbsp:

I know what the rarest Pioneer thing is!!!!!

It's a Pioneer collector that can quit collecting LOL

I think that is a subwoofer, just avaiable in Japan.
I found that pic long time ago :scratch2:
But that light at the top????

siamac said:
But that light at the top????
Maybe Pioneer decided to build one of those lights used to light walkways just outside commercial building entrances? If it has an ashtray built into the top, then we'll know for sure.

If it is indeed a sub, I wonder what the overall design is like?

- JP

Charivari said:
Maybe Pioneer decided to build one of those lights used to light walkways just outside commercial building entrances? If it has an ashtray built into the top, then we'll know for sure.

If it is indeed a sub, I wonder what the overall design is like?

- JP
Ah, an illuminated ashtray with bass boost eject cleaner, now i got it :thmbsp:

While Pioneer produced a number of racks and rack accessories, none are as rare as "THE RACK" (available from 1977 to 1981). Two versions were available (I have only seen one). Cost? Only $1750 in 1980. Applying present value numbers, that would be $4010 in 2006 dollars.

Doc

Edit: An actual "THE RACK" in use:
pioneer_therack_roxy.jpg

Attachments

• The Rack.jpg
    The Rack.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 480
Last edited:
Don't know how rare, but doing a search of this site, I just can't find any PL88F(S) turntables. I have noticed some people have them in their lists. I've seen a PL88FS on ebay but no PL88F.

Back
Top Bottom