Rare Pioneer speakers

They are somewhat rare, and the TOTL model. Would love to own a pair someday but his price is definetly on the high side. Fortunately they do have the original an intact polymer graphite cones which more often then not are shattered and/or missing. They still have to be refoamed so that crucial task is still to come to make them a working pair. Best of luck to whomevver gets them!

I had a pair for a while. VERY far from the best speaker Pioneer ever made, that’s for sure. Even the S-910 are better, if not better looking. The DSS-9 are light years better. The bottom “driver” is a passive radiator and the woofer isn’t that big - they didn’t have nearly as much bass as you’d expect/want from a speaker that size. Tweeters are good, but the mid driver is only decent. All in all for me it was a disappointment.

What the?? Calling them "pristine" is a stretch as all the surrounds are in pieces. Comparing them to " Klipsch Scalla" is a bit off too.

There’s a good q set for sale here on bartertown for a heck of a lot less. And they’re ready to go with new surrounds. As those PG cones are stupid fragile and irreplaceable, having to do four foam jobs on them is white knuckle.
Two grand is insane.

Although the price and claims of best ever made might be more opinion than fact, if the cabinets are flawless and the only thing they need to look like new is foam, ... I'm okay with the "pristine" and needing foam description.

However, if this is true they need a lot more high-res photos to show it.

Interesting speakers that I didn't know existed.

Here is a more realistic price and much better condition pair on the same site.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-2-Vint...m=292912388416&_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982

12_f.jpg

"The rebound springs are in excellent condition on all 4 of these passive woofers, which can throw out some serious bass."

What's a rebound spring ?

"The rebound springs are in excellent condition on all 4 of these passive woofers, which can throw out some serious bass."

What's a rebound spring ?

I'm guessing you can see it in pic 2 of 24 of the additional pictures. Driver marked 2A. Guy sets the standard for photo quantity.

Mine need refoaming too. I regard them highly. Extremely good tweeters (TAD beryllium ribbons, a sort of waveguide horn), deep and exact bass. The midrange is clear. They need a stable amp because of a somewhat "wild" impedance curve, my amp is the SA 8500 II which copes well with them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom