Rarities

Growing up, I knew my uncles recorded some records, one of them being this one. Four 45's and a gospel LP. I never took them serious when I was a kid, figuring they were just local yokels who cut some novelty tunes. Ha! Try replacing the 45's after you've lost them. A couple were pretty easy to obtain; this one I linked here was the cause of two bidding wars on eBay with me bowing out at $50. The last one I wanted, and I never could obtain as a kid, I was fortunate to get from a guy who bought out a radio station in NE Missouri; if I wouldn't have gotten from him, I was prepared to pay $30 for a copy that somehow wound in Germany!

Oh, those "local yokels?" Between the Internet and a gentleman who recorded for them and with them, I found out some interesting things. My uncles had their own label on which they recorded various sought after 45's, and owned their own recording studio in St. Louis. They recorded Don Brown and the Ozark Mountain Trio, a much sought after bluegrass group, on their label sometime in the 70's. So much for them being the novelty act that were talentless hacks as my dad tried to put them up to be. It also helps when you actually play the records on a good system and not an automatic BSR changer!

Jethro%20Tull%20-%20Roots%20To%20Branches.jpg

I have this sealed on 3 sides of vinyl .

The Original Albums 1974-1976
(Netherlands)

Disky DCD-5285 (1993)
Rock And Roll Heaven
Is It So Wrong
Love Is Not A Dirty Word
Sing Lady
Try Again
And I Thought You Loved Me
Never Say I Love You
Let Me Make The Music
You Turn Me Around
Young Blood
Together Again
Just Another Fool
Happy Song
Dream On
Give It To The People
Substitute
Hold On (To What You Got)
I Just Wanna Be Me
Lines
Nobody But You
All You Get From Love Is A Love Song
Dr Rock And Roll
Father Of The Rock And Roll (previously unreleased)
Hey Girl (previously unreleased)
If That's The Way You Want It (previously unreleased)
High Blood Pressure

From the Netherlands on CD .

Back
Top Bottom