RCA Berkshire Huge Breakfront console cabinet

Potato_Head

Infected by Vintage Audio Bug
A few weeks ago I picked up a console stereo. After getting it home I found that the fisher gear was not original to the console. It was supposed to be all RCA gear along with a projection TV.

Is there anyone out there that has the correct electronics so that this unit can be made whole again?

M

Oh my god, does it have an LC-1A?
That's got to be the best console score I've ever heard of

hm, Berkshire Regency. That won't be easy to locate guts for. Those late 40s all in one units were very low production.

RCA Berkshire label 2.jpg RCA Berkshire side closeup.jpg RCA Berkshire front.jpg RCA Berkshire rear.jpg RCA Berkshire label 1.jpg

Unfortunately all I have is the cabinet. It had been modified for some Fisher and JBL gear. I know they made very few of these. Thought I would see if there was anyone that needed the console in as close to original condition as possible before it got converted into a regular China Cabinet.

The open area under the center speaker is where there was a projection TV! 1948 technology. This thing was close to $4000. Thats more than $40,000 in todays dollars.

The cabinet is made by Baker. Top quality stuff, The center section now has two huge drawers. It does come apart for shipping.

Unfortunately all I have is the cabinet. It had been modified for some Fisher and JBL gear. I know they made very few of these. Thought I would see if there was anyone that needed the console in as close to original condition as possible before it got converted into a regular China Cabinet.

If you're trying to flip this, you need to pony up for a subscription, then put a listing in Barter Town.

If you're trying to flip this, you need to pony up for a subscription, then put a listing in Barter Town.
Hello Drew_T - Thanks for the tip. I was more interested in finding the original electronics for it. But having done some research and seeing what the speaker and radio has sold for in the past I think that I will focus on re-purposing the cabinet. I did go ahead and subscribe to AK and will check out Barter Town for some of my other Audio needs and Surplus!

Back
Top Bottom