Re Introduction

Old-School

I was a member here back in 2010-2011. Havent posted in a while.. so I thought I would post something here and say hello, and that I'm back!!

Over the years I had some ups, and serious downs. I managed to hang onto my "warm system" but it sat for many years without even being turned on. At least I didnt loose anything, but I couldnt upgrade any, or even enjoy it.

My living room system got bumped out and the surrounds on my Norman Labs speakers fell to dust.

That all said the warm system is back up and running! YAY!! It's about time is all I can say to that.

I am now finally able to change some stuff around to be more like a system I had a while back. Prior to 2000.

Maybe I should post it in systems thread? Who knows. Let me know where and if you want pics! ;-)

Here is the rundown.

Audio Research CDT-1 transport. Same old one.
Audio Research DAC 3 MK II, same as before

SAE 8000 FM Tuner. Replaced the one I traded off many years ago.

V.A.L. MP-L1S MK II preamp. Replaced the Audio Research LS-7 I had. Sounds way better to me. I bought one of these when they came out in 1996. Sold it in 2000. I now have another one, and it's not going anywhere! I *might* get an ARC SP-10 if I can find a good deal (yea right) or a LS-22. We'll see how that works out.

Audio Research D-115 power amp. Man oh man how I missed my old D-115. Easily one of the best sounding amps I have ever owned. And trust me thats out of A LOT of amps. Replaced the CL-60 I had. Also here to stay.

Speakers : Still have my Fried Studio V's. Still awesome speakers. They are going to be changed out. But with what I'm not sure just yet. I'm liking the looks of the new Klipsch. Recommendations and speculations welcome there.

Other misc stuff....

Replaced some old monster Cable RCA's with AudioQuest Sidewinders.

Replaced a questionable AudioQuest no name AES/EBU digital cable with an Apogee Wyde EYE, for now for testing until I can determine what cable that is and if it's OK. It's not like AudioQuest to not label their wire so I think this might be something somebody made up or doctored up.

Using some 14 gauge high strand pure copper speaker wire I had laying around. The monster cable power line 2 is not long enough for its new home, AND the wire world stuff is just too &%$@# big and hard to work with.

But there you have it!

Anddddd.... here she is. Not mentioned in the post above but in the photo is a Tice Audio Power Block III taking care of the mains.

Attachments

• 8-3-18.jpeg
    8-3-18.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom