Re-Ship HD58X to Canada?

Raynald

Addicted Member
I am very tempted by the Massdrop HD58X headphones. We don't get the free shipping to Canada but the $15 charge is not the problem. Based on feedback from other Canadians it seems they ship via a carrier that charges high (bogus) brokerage fees and then you are pretty sure to get flagged for our rather high taxes on top of that. It pretty much kills the savings on the Massdrop deals.

If a long standing AK subscriber near the border could help out either by receiving a pair I ordered and forwarding them on via USPS or if Massdrop will not ship to a third party just ordering them and sending along it would make a lot more sense. I would of course pay for the phones up front one way or another.

Here is the drop:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdr...leCampaignId=245125&iterableTemplateId=349718

I checked the USPS site and it looks like shipping would be $16, making the deal quite worthwhile.

Has anyone tried something like that? Would anyone be interested?

Thanks

You can have stuff shipped to a UPS store just across the boarder.
I send mine to the UPS near Messina, just across the bridge from Cornwall. Or to a Kinek site.
Sure the cost of gas and time makes it not worthwhile on low $ items. The import duty is negligible.
If you cross the border outside of Quebec, they only collect GST, not QST.

Yes, I have a box set up across the border but as you say, for the smaller items by the time you figure in time and gas it not as worthwhile.

Back
Top Bottom