real wpc 2325

jami w.

just being me thats all
i know my reciever is listed at 125 wpc, but like everybodys says its underated im wonderin what does it really push for wpc? ne body help me ive owned this rantz reciever for over 10 yrs an cant get a straight answer. im hopin someone in here can help thanx btw im a newbie in here

This may give you a rough idea-my 2330B was factory rated at 130WPC @ .05% distortion.
After EW massaged it, at the 130 WPC mark it had app. .017% THD.
At .5% THD, it was putting out 182 WPC on EW's dyno.:banana:
I'm wondering if the .5% figure is correct, or should've been .05. ???
This was just some adjustment & switch cleaning-no caps replaced or anything major.

so there is a pos that it could be alot higher huh lol thanx btw quick ques on the right side amp playin louder than normal it gets pretty warm but left side stays cool is that cause of the power supply? i do bring it in for a check up once a yr an everything checks out at a 100 percent thank god for the that lol

gearhead said:
This may give you a rough idea-my 2330B was factory rated at 130WPC @ .05% distortion.
After EW massaged it, at the 130 WPC mark it had app. .017% THD.
At .5% THD, it was putting out 182 WPC on EW's dyno.:banana:
I'm wondering if the .5% figure is correct, or should've been .05. ???
This was just some adjustment & switch cleaning-no caps replaced or anything major.
My definition of clipping is flattened peaks enough to hit the 0.5% distortion level. Some use the 1% level, but I think 0.5% is more realistic.

2325fan - you need to adjust the DC offset on your receiver. There are threads here that explain the procedure, or just let a good tech have a go at it. Not too expensive.

I had the same issue with my 2325, and after getting it adjusted, she stays evenly warm on both sides, but never hot. You should notice an improvement in sound too.

Barry

thanx for the info im gonna have my buddy check it out for me dogman u guys r the turd lol i cant swear in here rite lmao

You need to test WPC on a system like the Sound Technology ST 1701A Measuring System. That will indicate accuratly the rated distortion and WPC for you amplifier.

Ron

Back
Top Bottom