Realistic Collectors?

Current pieces, all in perfect condition.
STA-2100D
LAB-400
TR-3000
SCT-3000
12 Band Eq Model 31-2000A
I'm STILL searching for a pair of Optimus T-200s. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack!

I have a STA-235 that's in near mint condition too.

Last edited:
2 Shack receivers:
STA-90 Main system right now, good shape save for a cigarette burn on the top. Sounds great. $5 at a thrift store.
STA-430 Bedroom stereo pushing some large, but cheap Fisher speakers. Not quite as good as the 90, but for 10W/ch it rocks. $4 from the junk bin at Goodwill.

Love them both.

I am a fan of them that's for sure. I'm running STA 2100D with Wharfedale Denton's in the bedroom.
The Mach one's are here downstairs doing main duty on the home theater front. Both doing a heck of a job. Looking forward to collecting more of this brand.

Bringing back an old thread
Realistic stuff I have !
Sta2100d
Sta2000
Lab 400
2sets of mach two's
Mach ones

I've picked up a few Realistic pieces in the past few months:

Realistic APM-100
Optimus-400s
MD-1000 Laserdisc player
A mug that says "Realistic Man" (in reference to ham radio somehow; no idea if it references the original owner or Realistic gear or both or what) given to me by another AK member that went to the same college I did

I picked up a couple of Radio Shack pieces of note recently. The first is a pair of Optimus LX4s, which have a 4" Kevlar woofer and a monopole Linaeum tweeter. These things work perfectly in a computer setup. I think I prefer them vertically oriented in this application, even though the badges on the grilles are sideways. Very sweet mids and highs, and the bass is comparable to that of a Minimus-7, maybe a bit better. The cabs are ported and a little bigger than Minimus-7s.

FullSizeRender (1).jpg
FullSizeRender (3).jpg
FullSizeRender (2).jpg

The second item of interest is this neat calculator with green LED display. I just couldn't pass it up at a garage sale.

FullSizeRender (4).jpg

Edit: I also have the following Realistic gear:

STA-2080 receiver (recapped)
STA-82 receiver (recapped and bunch of diodes replaced)
STA-20 receiver (in daughter's room)
Nova-8B's (with VL mod)
Nova-7B's
Optimus-1B's
Minimus-7's
Minimus-7W's (in daughter's room)

Last edited:
I am not a Realistic "collector" by any means, but I did recently pick up an STA-2290 that I like the sound of.

Innovative%20Audio%20Realistic%20STA-2290_f_l%20(800x395).preview.jpg

Been finding a bunch of Realistic gear in thrift stores lately:

Stereo Cabinet (Oiled Walnut Veneer)
Chronodate 229 Clock Radio
Professional Wireless Microphone System (Unsure of model #)
Nova 40 Headphones (2 pairs)
8 Track Player (TR-801 I think - definitely 801 in the #)
Realistic Quadraphonic Record (Classical I believe)
Pair of Minimus-77

That adds to my previous gear (APM-100, Laserdisc player, and the Optimus-400s I gave to my brother)

Last edited:
Only have a couple components and I acquired them accidentally. My wife and son found a pair of Nova 7b speakers in original boxes with a cosmetically immaculate STA-82 on top of the boxes, sitting on the curb. One speaker appeared to have never been out of the box. The other was very nice but was somewhat faded compared to the other. Both work perfectly. When I powered up the receiver it instantly blew a fuse. Quick trip to the shop and about $50 later, it now works pretty well. I don't really have a place for them but fate seems to have brought us together. Very pretty components I'll eventually find a spot for. Only good curb find I've ever been involved in.

My partial stash

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43.3 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43.3 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 46
Is that an STA-2200? And are those Nova 6's? I forgot to mention I have a near-mint pair of those too. :p

Yes that is the STA 2200 with the Nova 7b's. I also have a set of the 6b's. They sound great! I have two System Seven receivers for those Minimus 7's

Yes that is the STA 2200 with the Nova 7b's. I also have a set of the 6b's. They sound great! I have two System Seven receivers for those Minimus 7's

Did you recap your 6's? I need to do mine. I struggle with the idea of modding them too, but I am not sure I have the guts to modify something that is in such good condition and so original.

Did you recap your 6's? I need to do mine. I struggle with the idea of modding them too, but I am not sure I have the guts to modify something that is in such good condition and so original.

Nope haven't touched either set, I'll tell you what. The STA 2200 is on heck of an receiver! It makes both pair and so far my Boston Acoustic A1000 sing. I own a pretty good bunch of audio receivers/Amps and this one is close to the top, Outstanding dynamics. I also have a set of Mach 2's that need new surrounds.

Wow an eight track! My God, how many times did I remember untangling or pulling them off the freaking car players! Nice stash though! :D

View attachment 781244 Only Shack equipment I currently have Lab400 TT. Works well. Replaced feet with Sorbothane spheres.
I have a Lab 400 too, and a Lab 390 I just picked up last week. Both made by CEC apparently, they are great, underrated turntables. I wonder what other sleeper TTs were sold under the name.
I also have a bunch of their cast metal Optimus speakers. Fun to goof around with, almost disposable too.

I have a Lab 400 too, and a Lab 390 I just picked up last week. Both made by CEC apparently, they are great, underrated turntables. I wonder what other sleeper TTs were sold under the name.
I also have a bunch of their cast metal Optimus speakers. Fun to goof around with, almost disposable too.
I had pair of those cast speakers also. Indistructable.
In 80 when the 400 was sold they offered a 500, which was a little better. Mine is vinyl covered. Previous year eas wood veneer. There is a site with most radio shack catalogs page by page. Don't remember address. Worth brousing for nostalgia.

In '80 when the 400 was sold they offered a 500, which was a little better. Mine is vinyl covered. Previous year was wood veneer.
My Lab 400 is vinyl I believe. They also has a Lab 420, which, I'm told was also an upgrade. I watch CL for them, but not common.

Back
Top Bottom