Realistic Nova 8s

dsk

bagged a pair of RS Nova 8s at Volunteers of America today. Anybody have these? What are your thoughts?

I have a pair of the Nova 8B, and they're a pretty sweet speaker. A classic acoustic-suspension sound. Good watts help 'em open up.

I Just sold a pair of Allied Nova 8's, sure were pretty!!

Last edited:
woah there were a pair just like that with bit of flood damage on the one in the garbage a few weeks ago!

Hey

Hey I just bought a pair of those yesterday that will clean up to mint. . . They look and work great, I paid 4.94 each for them. . . Needless to say I jumped on them when I saw them. . .

Mine are Nova 5s. . . ,.

Last edited:
Man, oiling the lattice work is sure time consuming! I think I like the sound, maybe a little too much upper bass for my taste.

Nova's

I have a pair of Nova 6's that I use for testing.I also have a pair of 8's on my main system for lower level listening when the little one is off to bed.Not bad speakers for the price.They look nice all polished up!:p: ....Jeff

Last edited:
I have a pair of Nova 8bs', the old ad jingle I bumbed into online was "Speakers for Life".

A curse?? :D

Not really. I used them for rear surrounds for about a year, then "lent" them to a friends' kid, who has NOT blown the tweeters yet, to my surprise.

IMO warm sounding, but better than I expected, very heavy, I think it was 1" think wood cabinet. Not bad! The woofer looks cool, too.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom