Realistic STA-2100D Repair and Restoration

Myounger

Vintage Collector
Looking for a shop/person to repair and restore a Realistic STA-2100D. I have contacted Hallo-Fi Electronics and received a quote . But seen nothing but bad reveiws on BBB site and this forum. Any alternative shop or technician that works on vintage Realistic equipment. Thanks

Hello Myounger. Welcome to AK. Possibly check for fellow AK'ers in your area. There was a thread recently on restoring the STA-21200D in Solid State forum. Hope you find someone to work on the receiver. Good luck.

I live near Bowling Green Kentucky, and I simply bit the bullet and drove to Sinking Spring, Ohio, where Mattsd (an AK'er here on these boards, and terrific tech!) rebuilt both my AU-G99X Sansui and my Pioneer SX-1250, for an absurdly low price.

Hit him up. Google "Matt's Restoration Service" and you should find his blog.

I feel like I dodged a bullet. I had a Marantz 2226B that I wanted done ( didnt have time) and paid up front. But family issues prevented shipping the unit out for several weeks. This was last year. I could never get him to respond to my emails or calls about the issue or postponing the rebuild. In the end, I wrote the money off as a lost cause. But since I never sent the Marantz, I think I'm ahead of the game after reading all of this. I ended up with a job change and more time so I just finished it up on my own :)

Go to Pacific Stereo. If I recall, they possibly built the 2100 (or the D) when new. Long waiting list, probably a year, but you won't regret the work. It will be beyond perfection. Expect to pay a couple grand. Won't be a good approach if planning on resale. It will make for a life-long keeper. Be prepared. In my opinion, the STA-2100D is worth the spend. Tremendous receiver easily on par with a Pioneer 1280. Would not trade mine, at least it would take a good bit of McIntosh or perhaps an SX-1980.
Dave :music:

Mac4100HK930: You're in the same boat I was when I sent him my Sansui QRX 9001. This is what I had to do to put pressure on him: I filed a complaint with the AG of Oklahoma and then they contacted the AG of Wisconsin. In the meantime I started slowly with this scumbag Noah, contacting him through facebook messaging, emails, and phone calls. I would ask him about if there was any progress with my Sansui. It didn't take too long to figure out that I probably would not get my receiver back, and I practically gave up that I would ever see it again. So I became very aggressive threatening and asking for my property back by sticking to the sales receipt and what the contract said about turnaround time about fixing the unit or cancelation policy. When I saw the time had passed, I would never stop asking for my unit back immediately sticking to the return policy he had provided me. I don't know how many phone messages I left, I was banned from his facebook page to respond to his posts, andI can't even count how many of my emails I sent him. I never stopped!!! The AG from Oklahoma told me whether I communicate with him or not would not matter on the outcome of the complaint filled against him. Well, I didn't care anymore so I kept the pressure on this con artist and he finally started responding to my emails. Finally, he told me he was sending it back to me with the refund, but it took another month before I finally got my unit back in one piece! So get ready for a FIGHT and never give up!

Last edited:
That's a nice unit. I hope someone can help you closer to Tennessee. There should be some AK'ers in that area or maybe Texas or Florida. Good luck.

I'm also trying to get in touch with Noah as he has had a unit of mine for over a year. I had no idea he moved to Colorado. Mac - Let me know how it goes.

I'm also trying to get in touch with Noah as he has had a unit of mine for over a year. I had no idea he moved to Colorado. Mac - Let me know how it goes.
Welcome to AK Tricone. Were you local to noah or did you ship him your equipment ? I was within driving distance and got my piece back but he moved to CO. with a friends equipment , we had no idea he was moving , just gone. I can tell you the only way i got him to respond to me was by using my wifes phone , he knew my # and Email and ignored it. I called him from a block away from his house and was there in minutes when he answered. I hope you get your gear back. Good Luck

BBB of Denver-Boulder, Attorney General of Colorado consumer fraud division, and if paid by credit card, a dispute can be filed and the funds will be debited out of his cc account. I got a provisional refund to my account. That motivated him to finish my units. He posted them on his blog. He wont ship until the money goes back into his account and I reverse the claim. But it was my stupidity for having contracted somebody to restore my receivers that demands full payment upfront.

Noah is alive and well on Facebooks “My Audio Gear” Page. Posting write ups and pictures while soliciting for repair work. Interesting that he gets rave reviews about his restorations & Not a Single negative remark?
I have noticed a drop in likes and comments. And the ones I’ve read seems “ Contrived” To drum up business. Ummm

I hate to say this but I sent a Sansui 990 to Jahrgang Audio in Colorado before I read about his past history here. He has had my unit since early December. He told me at the time it would take 6 months, and I wasn't in a rush so I said yes. Stupidly paid him for the restoration before the work was executed. Now I am emailing him, and he has told me a couple of times that it will take one and a half to two weeks more. Am trying to get the finished unit back to me. Will keep everyone informed.

I am in contact with a person that sent him 2 valuble marantz units that were family heirlooms. The address that Noah has a customer send the units to is a $800k valued house that is for sale. The person i am in contact with is spending good money trying to find him. Any new info that shows his actual where abouts will be promptly reported.

The BS outta this clown continues with my units. Same old story about how they'll be on the burn in bench and will be shipped in two weeks. Two weeks comes and goes with contact from him about whats happening.
Im not sure what to do now.
I guess I'll be calling the attorney general and my credit card company. I'm so angry that this has went this way.

QUOTE="kydog, post: 11676636, member: 29337"]Noah is alive and well on Facebooks “My Audio Gear” Page. Posting write ups and pictures while soliciting for repair work. Interesting that he gets rave reviews about his restorations & Not a Single negative remark?
I have noticed a drop in likes and comments. And the ones I’ve read seems “ Contrived” To drum up business. Ummm[/QUOTE]

Facebook page also used by Noah
"Repair, restore or scrap it audio and video"

A credit card dispute will get your money credited back to your account. After close to 8 months of Noah having my money and units that is one of the complaints I filed. I would start with the BBB of denver/boulder colorado.That is what it took to actually get my units on his bench ( after telling me they were already finished.) Pm me if you want my full story.

QUOTE="WoO18, post: 11682215, member: 276362"]The BS outta this clown continues with my units. Same old story about how they'll be on the burn in bench and will be shipped in two weeks. Two weeks comes and goes with contact from him about whats happening.
Im not sure what to do now.
I guess I'll be calling the attorney general and my credit card company. I'm so angry that this has went this way.[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom