1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Realistic STA-2100D Repair and Restoration

Discussion in 'Solid State' started by Myounger, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Todd Keith

Todd Keith New Member

Wow I’m glad I decided to do a little research before I sent my receiver to this guy. I just got off the phone with Noah thirty minutes ago. I was reviewing the contract and invoice of service when I thought I better see if I can find any info on this guy.

I was taken in by the nice write ups on his blog but was leery of the upfront payment. I was okay with the wait time he quoted of 5-6 months but it sounds like I would be lucky to ever see my Pioneer ever again.

Hope everyone’s situation turns out well and thanks for posting y’all’s experiences so others don’t make the same mistake.

Dingman likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. psychoaudio

psychoaudio I didn't do it Subscriber

There he goes again..

Attached Files:

3. kohngallery

kohngallery New Member

The scam goes on. After Noah agreed to send back the unit (upon receiving a "Demand Letter" from me to return my personal property or I would file criminal and civil charges...which I am about to do) he insisted that I send a pre-paid label via FedEx. It was done early today, and he simply wasn't home when FedEx came to his house. It is now planned for tomorrow. Will keep you informed of any progress.

4. WoO18

WoO18 New Member

Keep on him. I was almost relentless when I was demanding my units back. Almost to the point where he could of called it harassment. Every line of bs he came up with I just called him out on it.
    I'm willing to be that guy for everyone.
    I'll help anyway I can to get everyone's gear back. I'm not going to just let it go even though I got my units back.
    No one jerks me around and talks to me the way he did. I won't just let it go.

Hifiler and STAVROCK like this.
  5. kohngallery

kohngallery New Member

FedEx confirmed they picked up a package from Noah Schumacher's address today, and he confirmed via email that Fedex picked it up. It arrives on Friday, and I will check to see that it is the same unit I sent to him, unmolested. After a few emails from Noah about how he was only about a week to two weeks out, just waiting for some relays on backorder, I asked him this morning if he had performed any work on my unit. He replied,"No, there wasn't enough time." I filed a complaint with the BBB of Wisconsin, the office that is handling all complaints about Schumacher. Like WoO18 says, keep after him and don't be nice. Insist you want the return of your property or will file charges. Or simply go ahead and contact the police and DA office. This guy is a total scammer.

STAVROCK likes this.
  6. psychoaudio

Considering he’s a proven scammer. I’m amazed he’s still allowed to advertise on that FB site.

7. WoO18

WoO18 New Member

He's The admin along with his fake name Adam Tara.

STAVROCK and psychoaudio like this.
  8. psychoaudio

Wow..good to know.

9. Mac4100HK930

Mac4100HK930 I like the pretty tones!

I wonder if FB would block him if they are conclusively shown that he scams people? I can't seem to find any other places that he advertises than FB. I feel bad for his customers who have given up both their money and audio equipment because they don't want the hassle. He's a nasty piece of work with his email responses and some people just give up.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  10. backinthelou

backinthelou Well-Known Member

These horror stories sound like the same crap I went through with this loser and my Fisher 800C. Excuse after excuse. He screamed at me on the phone after I told him that the damage was not caused by UPS. I would have strangled his little weasel neck if he’d yelled at me to my face. I posted all over Facebook about my dealings with him and got blocked and banned. I posted pictures of the garbage “repairs” he did and people said I was lying and there was no way he would have done the things he did. He is a con artist and has alot of people fooled. He even tried to keep my original tubes, saying they were bad and replaced them with cheap replacements. I had all the tubes checked by a professional before I sent it to him, so I knew he was lying. I only got my original tubes back after I told him I would leave him alone if he sent them and even that took a few tries. It sucks that people messaged me with similar stories but didn’t want to put their name out there for fear of being kicked off FB pages. They’d rather let other people be screwed over than get kicked off a FB page? I went through all of this mess a year ago and felt like I was completely on my own. I ate close to a grand and still have a tube Fisher receiver sitting on a shelf that I cannot use.
    Feel free to contact me and I will be more than happy to be included in any action against that punk.

11. Mac4100HK930

Hello BITL,

I paid him $1275 to restore 3 receivers. 2 Pioneer sx-828 and 1 Harmon Kardon 930. That was back in September of last year. I wanted to cancel 1 day later but he told me that he had already bought the parts and it would cost me $520 of the $1275. Like an idiot I relented and told him to go ahead with the repairs after he said it would take only 3-4 months at the most and that the 6 months stated on the contract was just for a cushion. After starting to question him as to the status after 3 months I found that he moved to Boulder Colorado. After him lying to me several times as to the status including telling me that they were finished in March of this year. 6 months were up on 3/28 of this year. After April 26th I filed 3 complaints against him because they weren't finished and since he had my equipment and money I became proactive with the complaints. The 3 complaints were the BBB of Boulder/ Denver Colorado, the Attorney General of Colorado consumer fraud division and a chargeback complaint to my credit card company. He received the complaints at some point in May and finally put the receivers on the bench at around the 17th of May after him telling me that they were finished in March and he needed 48 hours for burning in. In the meantime my cc company investigated my complaint and issued me a chargeback credit to my cc for the $1275. That pissed him off because he didn't have my money but he had my equipment. That correlated to about the time he "finished" working on my equipment and posting them on his blog. I instructed the cc company to reverse the credit on May 24th and on June 20th the money was sent back to his account. At that point he sent me the equipment. Out of the three receivers only one works properly and it still has some slight bugs. The tuners on the other two don't work properly and the Harmon Kardon (one of the non-working ones) was damaged due to his poor repacking. It was loose in the box. I promptly took them to a local AKer to so he could get them to work proper. Now he still hasn't got his money from his cc processor. It's a company called SQUARE. I have all the proper verification that shows the money has been debited out of my account but he still thinks it's my responsibilty to pay him another $1275. It's small claims and he will come out to my county in Washington state to file the complain. That's where it stands with this lying little cheat. He has a FB page along with Adam Tara called "My Stereo Gear".On July 14th Adam Tara wanted members of the page to post success stories with Noah. So far nobody has posted any success stories. Only 2 posts of members stating that they have gear with him. The page Marantz-Vintage has banned him from any perceived advertising. This was after a thread was posted by burned customers of his like yourself. That was taken down after a few days but the admin said that any advertising by Noah was not allowed. He still posts on the " Repair, Restore or Scrap it " facebook page and a few others.

12. CliffLeBoeuf

CliffLeBoeuf New Member

Add me to the list of victims...

I paid Noah on 10/5/17, and he received my Marantz 2275 in November 2017 at his "new" address in Boulder CO. I have had numerous ETAs, the first time being February 2018. I still don't have my receiver back. I also noticed on Zillow that the home listed as Noah's address, 605 Left Fork Rd, Boulder, CO 80302 sold on 6/19/18. He still is responding to my inquiries, and can't believe he continues to make comments shuch as "Frankly Cliff I found your lack of patience here a bit off point of the entire process here." I'd definitely be interested on combining efforts to track him down, perhaps sharing attorney expenses to file civil and criminal charges where appropriate.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    STAVROCK likes this.
  13. Mac4100HK930

How did you pay him? If by credit card you can file a credit card dispute and get your money back. Getting your equipment back is a little more problematic. You can file a better business bureau complaint and a complaint to the ag of Colorado consumer fraud division. I would write it out first in ms word or some other word processor then copy and paste to the form provided by both agencies. I don't know where he is living now after the sale of the boulder home. He doesn't do good and thorough work under pressure and that's what he was under when he worked on mine due to the complaints. Feel free to im me and leave your phone number if you want to talk. If you contact him again maybe you can ask for his current address.

14. CliffLeBoeuf

CliffLeBoeuf New Member

Update to my experience with Noah... I did initiate a CC dispute since another ETA has passed unfulfilled. Once he found out about that, Noah send me an email cursing me out, threatening to keep my unit and/or drag this matter out another 180 days. What a character he is... geeezzzzzzz!

I'd suggest the others considering him for work, to reconsider, and for those that have already sent him equipment that he has missed repair dates, to consider disputing too. I expect from my experience and those shared by others, this will not turn out nice. :-(

STAVROCK likes this.
  15. CliffLeBoeuf

CliffLeBoeuf New Member

He may have blocked you. If so, you won't be able to find him unless you use another account. Here's his FB link: https://www.facebook.com/noah.schumacher.96

16. JH Magnecord

JH Magnecord Member

He'd been masquerading in Fred Heinz' Sansui group as well: under the name "Steve Wa Nuck".
    The thing I didn't understand, though, about his behavior (especially across FB) was: why he made himself -while under his own name- vaguely appear sometimes as if he were a German based in Germany? [The biggest marketplace for Marantz in Europe is The Netherlands, anyhow.]
    At first, I'd thought he (actually) was, and...had some kind of gear-swapping arrangement with the German chiropractor over there running a FB Marantz group(?); however, it was very surprising to learn the rather "schizoid" truth about the whole thing.
    Whether Tara is Schumacher's "partner-in-crime" is unclear. The thing with Tara on FB I can attest to is, that, all the guy EVER seems to post about is how: "Marantz speakers" are so great -and *rare*:crazy:- because (late, ex-JBL engineer) Ed May -apparently?: the only speaker designer Tara ever heard of?- tweaked the crossovers on them (after Superscope just imported all "white box" driver units from MITSUBISHI:rflmao:). The guy is so ridiculously one-note over this topic, it's a joke.
    I mean: why wouldn't somebody just buy the genuine article of an Ed May-engineered speaker ("in-house" and American-built) if they liked his approach so much(?). If one can't tell the difference in the worth -not fleeting "value"...*worth*- of pre-Harman JBL workmanship of the '50s and '60s; compared to: a (non Yamaha "NS") speaker having materials sourced from '70s Japan conglomerates whose "value" is solely the fantasy of Internet auctions...then, THAT really is audioFOOLERY:whip:.

17. ReactiveLoad

ReactiveLoad Member

As far as I can tell, he's good old fashioned poor, white, American, drug addicted trash. The clown tried to take me for $475 to do some work, but for whatever reason I just had a bad feeliy the next day and tried to pull out of the prepaid deal. He was a total punk about it and eventually demanded I send him both my Marantz units. The one I hadn't even talked to him about working on. I'd briefly auggesugg selling it to him to offset the cost of the other.
    I'm the guy that made the posts on Facebook in the Sansui and Marantz groups at the beginning of July. I'm not going to do nothing while he continues to cycle through business names and aliases. This guy needs to be famous for what he does. He took me for a little, but I know he's taken many more for much more.

STAVROCK likes this.
  18. STAVROCK

STAVROCK New Member

THIS IS EXACTLY RIGHT! THAT'S WHAT I HAD TO DO AND FINALLY I GOT MY SANSUI QRX 9001 AND MY MONEY BACK!!! YOU HAVE TO KEEP UP THE PRESSURE, FILE CHARGES WITH THE BBB. YOU CAN'T BE NICE WITH HIM. YOU HAVE TO BE AGGRESSIVE!!! WHEN COMMUNICATING WITH A SCUM OF HIS NATURE YOUR LANGUAGE MUST CONTAIN WORDS LIKE LIAR, THIEF, LOW LIFE, CON ARTIST, ETC. I ACTED AS IF I WOULD NEVER RECEIVE MY PROPERTY BACK, AND HAD A NO CARE ATTITUDE TOWARDS THIS INSANE DEGENERATE PIECE OF HUMAN FILTH. SOMEHOW, OUT OF ALL THIS STRESSFUL MESS SOMETHING MUST HAVE WORKED RIGHT AS I GOT MY PROPERTY BACK.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  19. Mac4100HK930

A recent letter that I received from Noah claiming he hasn't received the his money from my reversal of the cc chargeback.

"well I see you have all your equipment back and yet the dispute still has not been resolved and our account was debited the full amount. Square has not received any resolution to the case Rich. You now have all your units, fully restored and documented as I said and I have zero payment from you and Square hasn't heard any response from you. I have no choice but to file a small claims amount for the bill due and applicable interested deemed by small claims subdivision in colorado. I took you on your word it was done but apparently I should have never shipped the boxes.

Im going to give you the opportunity to pay your Bill Rich before I get a lawyer tomorrow afternoon. I cannot spend anymore time waiting for the right thing to happen at this point the dispute will default and I will lose everything in this transaction. I should have never shipped them to you. "

My response:

"You full of it Noah as usual. You have received the money. The notice that I sent you via email from my cc company was very clear that I reversed the claim. The money was debited back out of my account on June 20th and sent back to your account. I have the transaction code and the transit number and the notice. So I don’t know what kind of BS you are trying to prove. Plus you wouldn’t have sent them if you didn’t have your money. So piss off. Waste your money on a lawyer. Just an Fyi your work is crap. My tuners on one of the 828’s and the HK 930 do not work in addition, due to your careless job of repacking my HK 930 came back damaged.

Hifiler, STAVROCK and ReactiveLoad like this.
  20. Hifiler

Hifiler AK Subscriber Subscriber

So almost exactly one year to the date, my saga with Noah appears to be over, with the return of my Marantz 22 receiver (unrestored), and a provisional refund of $500 on my credit card.

For those interested in how this came to be resolved, here is a condensed account of the saga (but still lengthy). You will notice many similarities with others’ experiences. It seems odd to share these details on a public forum, but hopefully together we can get everybody’s gear and money returned.

August 8, 2017. I paid $500 via credit card for the complete restoration of my Marantz Model 22 receiver.

September 21, 2017. I drive to Evansville, Wisconsin, to deliver the unit to Noah’s residence/shop in person. Noah tells me about his upcoming move, and that he will try and finish all the “local” units, including mine, before the move. He was actually very pleasant in person.

January 11, 2018. Having heard nothing to date from Noah, I politely enquire by E-mail. Noah responds: “Good Morning David! I do have an update, Ive started and I think we have a publish date the last week of January here! Want to make sure you have our updated # (303) 444 4210 for the office”

March 2, 2018. No word back yet, so I again politely E-mail, and Noah responds: “Good Morning David. Hope all is well, I do apologize for the delay. Since the move ive been spending 12-14 hours days Monday thru Sunday to catch up on the time we were closed for relocating. I had an issue as well with the model 22 and the amplifier stage during testing which has created some backlog due to a TO-66 type transistor Im looking for the driver (left) output board. This is a priority unit to be completed and plan on having her wrapped up this month bud, youll see a lot of units posted back and fourth as we try our best to get up to que!”

June 13, 2018. No contact from Noah, I am getting upset. I E-mail: “Noah. Regarding my Marantz 22, I still have not heard anything from you. I paid $500 in August of 2017, and delivered it to you personally in September of 2017. Since that time, I count 26 blog posts on your website, which corresponds to greater than 26 units because some posts include two units. At this time I request that you return my unit, and refund my $500. I simply do not know what else to do. I used my Visa Signature card to pay you, and I will be contacting them shortly about the charge, and lack of services rendered. They have been very responsive with me with past issues.”

Noah responds: “Dave, Have you tried even calling our office here? We have had your unit here on the bench open for the last 3 weeks and have a completion set for the end of the month of not sooner. I can attempt to wrap this up by the middle of next week for you. However if you choose to file a claim, we do hold units for 6 months or 120 days as we mitigate the process of getting payment as most of the work is already completed and units will not be return unpaid. If you can afford me a bit more patience I can have it wrapped up, as I said were already elbow deep in. You can call the office # listed at the top of our blog anytime monday thru friday 0800-1700.”

Interesting that he has a policy of dealing with credit card claims. Now I’m getting much more upset.

I respond: “Why would I call? I have e-mailed you in a pleasant manner several times since delivering my unit. You should be updating me by e-mail if you have actually started working on it, which by the way you claimed to have started way back in January (e-mail 1/13/18), in which you also told me it would be finished by the end of January. So I will expect to receive it back by the end of this month. If I do not, I will certainly contact Chase Visa about the charge, as well as anybody I have to local to you regarding the return of my property. I’m sorry to resort to these actions, but you simply have given me no other choice. I have no reason to believe that I would ever get my unit back otherwise; and I find it very difficult to believe that when I delivered it to you that it was about #30 in the queue. A simple periodic update and apology from you would have gone a long way.”

Continued...

STAVROCK likes this.