Realistic sta 2300 tech advice needed

Audi0

Picked up a realistic sta 2300 In non working condition. Also not in the best condition cosmetically.

I know the 2300 is tougher to come by compared to 2100 and the service manual is not avaible. Are there any known common issues with this amp?

Going to start by separating the power and pre and see Where the issue lies.

So far I've check a few switches for conductivity. Is this a leaky cap? This also look suspect as the area looks darker.20170809_112646.jpg 20170809_112543.jpg

Service manual is hard to find, unless somebody ordered one and got it from Radio Shack, they mainly were found at Radio Shack service centers.

Hello Audio0. Tried HiFi Engine, HiFi Manuals, and vintageHiFI looking for any info on the STA-2300. In the first picture looks like glue possibly. In the second pic the cap with the shrunken sleeve shows getting hotter inside or exposed to heat from the transistor next to it.. The receiver needs cleaned in order to see all the parts condition. DeOxit all the switches and pots.

Stereomanuals.com might be the one place to get a SM. Not free. One thing to check is the soldering for broken or intermittent connections to the boards. Don't know if the receiver has any relays.

i saw i supposed free one on the net . it said free to join before download . i didn't try it as am signed up to too much already .

So it runs now but imho something is out of spec. Is there a way of calibrating the power meter? It seems to be pretty balanced audibly. Dc is fine on speaker terminals
20170809_123937.jpg

might be adjusting pots in the led driver circuits

There are 2 adjustments for the circuit on the board. What they do I don't know as I don't got the manual. Also something is off in the power section as one heat sink is hotter then the other.

A service manual would be appreciated or it looks like I'm going to have to buy one.

Overall the amp is in rough shape. Got all the knobs thankfully. Needs new side panels cut / new plexi glass and service for sure.
20170809_180322.jpg 20170809_180424.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah the rectifier note upper left cap burned discolored & heating of others... That was one of areas I resoldered etal my thread reply. replace those caps.

Is the power amp section the same from the 2100 to the 2300. There are two adjustment pots one on each side for idel current? I'm going to fix the caps on the bottom and then attempt to adjust the offset based on the 2100

Just some advice.. read my thread where I went through a lot of resoldering and the orig. poster had same issue with leds.

certainly no issue with 'checking' bias.. but don't assume the amp is out of balance because the led board needs resoldering.

I saw questionable soldering on your pic typical of what I came across. I saw poor wiring from the transformer, poor soldering on the solder trees, too. I cut and snipped dressed more than a few wires. I got an increase in fm reception, the amp sounded fresh new when I bought it.

this is no piece of junk amp... go through it thoroughly.

Well the good news is I got the service manual. Confused on the process of the idle current is it the sum of the whole per channel or measure individually?

Screenshot_20170821-172544.png Screenshot_20170821-172537.png

Back
Top Bottom