Realistic sta 2300 tech advice needed

I appreciate the attempt to post snippets of the service manual. but without being critical useless if you haven't checked all soldering beneath the amp. power supply.. tree's.. etc. bad soldering in many many units. Your not going to fix this without proper equipment. you will need an O'scope and a pair of dmms.

I said... the fact that the led power meters are off?? is no indication of the bias being off as I stated and posted same led condition.
-----

grrrrr... sorry gentle readers and posters I don't get fused out but this is a very nice powerful amp and receiver.
I'm that short of blowing my own fuse. yeah go ahead and chase the rabbit and you'll be replacing drivers and probably a couple of output transistors and see smoke.

Last edited:
Relax Binkman, OP will come to his own realizations. You have to learn somewhere, but maybe not on a rather rare old piece. Keep the pics coming as most of us have not seen the insides of one of those. For many of us, me included, I thought I was going to do my own work on my SX-1250, but finally realized I could not afford to not spend the money to get it fixed. I shipped it off to one of the numerous repair gurus to be repaired correctly. It cost a lot and took 10 months, but it is now done right and I love it. After a while the hurt of spending all the money just fades away.

Back
Top Bottom