Realistic STA100: $75 Craigslist score!

Discussion in 'Tuners' started by Andy Lang, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Andy Lang

Andy Lang New Member

Found my second (vintage) tuner on my local Craigslist, a Realistic STA100 the seller thinks is brand new/never used. It didn't come in the original box but otherwise appears unused. Works great, and is replacing a pretty tired Sanyo JCX2400K that needs some love, whose tuner needs an alignment and whose left channel cuts in and out. (Any suggestions on how to go about restoring that thing? I'd love to hear them!)

Any ideas how old this might be? My estimate is early '80s, with the primitive red LEDs but the style looks rather '80s.

Also, how common are the STA100s? How many watts per channel?

2. 3kitty

3kitty AK Subscriber Subscriber

....congrats on your find....they are nice little receivers

....hopefully someone can confirm but I believe they are 22 watts per

A quick search seems to indicate there are not a ton of these available on the market right now but I know a few guys with one.

Enjoy your find!

3. Andy Lang

Andy Lang New Member

Thanks 3kitty! 22/channel isn't much but it's fine for a dorm room system. Its predecessor, a Sanyo JCCX2400K, was 55 watts per channel and would flicker the lights whenever turned on!

3kitty likes this.
  4. MacNoob

MacNoob dazed and confused

3kitty likes this.
  5. Punker X

Punker X AK Subscriber Subscriber

I must point out that this is a receiver, and while it does have a tuner, it is not a tuner. You will get more responses if you post in the Solidstate or general audio forum section.