Really digging Spotify

I love Spotify and have posted such earlier in this thread. However, I've got to add this: It seems that sometimes Spotify streams at a rate that really works. Wonderful, rich sound. HOWEVER, there are times, perhaps during peak usage of the site, where it can sound, well, awful.
I think there was a thread about this about a year ago. Does the streaming quality drop during high traffic?

I love Spotify and have posted such earlier in this thread. However, I've got to add this: It seems that sometimes Spotify streams at a rate that really works. Wonderful, rich sound. HOWEVER, there are times, perhaps during peak usage of the site, where it can sound, well, awful.
I think there was a thread about this about a year ago. Does the streaming quality drop during high traffic?

Same albums? My experience w/ streaming is like my experience w/ LPs & CDs ... some sound good and others don't ... depends on the mastering.

When I was using Spotify ... don't recall it sounding better on some days & not others.

I've suspected this as well. Although it sounds good 90% of the time, sometimes it sounds a little on the dull side. There's no doubt my hearing isn't consistent based on a few different factors....but I've thought for quite a while now that their sq wasn't always the same.

I would think that streaming off the internet has to have something to do with it....compared to using a media server directly as your source or a cd player etc.

Tidal claims 'cd quality' but it never sounded as good as cd's in my cd player or WAV/FLAC files from my WMP.

I play Spotify Premium all day 5 days a week and have never notice a drop in quality. I stream direct though my Xfinity router through wired ethernet for all but one of my systems that I stream with. If one's server has a bandwidth crunch then a drop in quality could be the result.

I've been digging Spotify for awhile now, but lately the app has been buggy on my PC...I think it's actually my PC having an issue, most likely. Somewhere between every 1 song and every 3 songs, the song plays maybe a minute through, and then starts over. Quite annoying. Does not happen on my phone or Amazon FireTv. Hope to get this sorted out soon.

Sirius will be unveiling 360L this year. While driving say the name of a song or album and it plays.

I have found so much new music on Spotify. Nikki Lane, Lindi Ortega and Sara Gayle Meech are just a few of the New Traditional Country chicks I've run across in the last few years. I would never have heard of them if I stuck to my album collection. Add Youtube into the mix and you can find a world of stuff you never knew existed. Want Christian Folk, or Gospel Punk, it's there. Besides, if I want to play Reba all day long, I just click it and go.

You can click on Your Music, songs, then hit play and click the shuffle Icon and it will shuffle your entire collection. Pretty good deal considering I can do it on my phone while working. Being a Luddite may be quaint, but you miss out on a lot of cool stuff. I have found so much stuff I can't imagine going back. Streaming has changed the world of music in innumerable ways.

I do have one complaint, OK, two. No bob Seger and no Michelle Shocked. :(

HOWEVER, there are times, perhaps during peak usage of the site, where it can sound, well, awful.

some sound good and others don't ... depends on the mastering.

Although it sounds good 90% of the time, sometimes it sounds a little on the dull side.
The "master" is indeed the issue. Problem is, no one really knows the origin and provenance of "the master".

News flash
, not all content streamed by X service comes directly from the record label. Things are much better presently now that the labels are more willing and able to deliver, but many tracks remain in their libraries that were/are sourced from shitty low bitrate "third party" (personal collection/file shares) rips. No thanks to the "available tracks race" circa two years ago. :rolleyes:

So yeah, you're gonna hear some clunkers every now and then that are above and beyond just a crappy real master. Report it.

I love that playlist.....

Been meaning to check out Coffee Table Jazz, will have to check it out! I find out a fair amount of new tunes via Discover Weekly playlist. I also like some of the AM/PM playlists...they interview an artist and have them pick some of their favorite daytime and night time tracks. Also some artists have their own playlists which are always cool to check out. And some music blogs have their own playlists (Aquarium Drunkard, for example). I definitely get my $10/month worth from Spotify, that's for sure!

Been meaning to check out Coffee Table Jazz, will have to check it out! I find out a fair amount of new tunes via Discover Weekly playlist. I also like some of the AM/PM playlists...they interview an artist and have them pick some of their favorite daytime and night time tracks. Also some artists have their own playlists which are always cool to check out. And some music blogs have their own playlists (Aquarium Drunkard, for example). I definitely get my $10/month worth from Spotify, that's for sure!

After my free 30 day Premium expired (though the Sony Playstation Network) I was addicted and signed right up. I was sure that I would just be happy to go back but they sucked me in like a crack dealer! Give me some free product then wait for me to come crawling back!

Back
Top Bottom