Recapped 9090db - Wow!

ScottFan355

IMG_0427.PNG Hello all! I just acquired a freshly recapped 9090db today! About a month ago I let go of my 9090db because I needed cash, and boy have I regretted it! After trying two different amps with my speakers it was all too apparent that the Sansui magic was gone:(

Fast forward to two days ago and a fully recapped (among other things) 9090db (see pic) appeared on my local CL. Still short of funds, I asked the seller if he would be willing to trade for some other equipment and he agreed.

Now audio memory is a tricky thing, and maybe it's just having the sui magic back, but my immediate impression was cleaner, more dynamic and detailed, and the most obvious difference - more and better bass. Think this will be a keeper for a long, long time to come:)

Oh, not included in the photo is that all fusible resistors have been replaced.

This is the first time I've heard the same model of audio equipment in both recapped and unrecapped state and to paraphrase the Oracle - it's made a believer out of me. I found absolutely nothing to complain about with the stock 9090db, but this amp sounds 'new' without losing any of the character of the stock one.

This is the first time I've heard the same model of audio equipment in both recapped and unrecapped state and to paraphrase the Oracle - it's made a believer out of me. I found absolutely nothing to complain about with the stock 9090db, but this amp sounds 'new' without losing any of the character of the stock one.

im a believer too 15 recap's and not one ever sounded worse. all were like you said better detail and more punch a few were night and day WOW moments, Enjoy :thumbsup:

The 9090DB is a special piece. It gets so much right. They need to be completely restored, including the Dolby board, to fully realize just how good they are IME.

Back
Top Bottom