Recapping Eico HF-60 pair advice.

DraKnight13

I am looking to recap a pair of HF-60. Is there any thing I should be looking out for? Any increase value on the cap or thing to upgrade. I want to stick to the original as much as I can. I know that on the HF-87, people recommend to increase the value of the voltage doubler cap. So I am trying to see what I should do on this pair so I can buy the parts for them. Thanks !

The HF60 uses tube rectification so the 5ar3 ACTUALLY CANNOT take its first output cap higher than say 60uf. Or it can severely shorten the tube life of 5ar4.

DL a datasheet of 5ar4 and check that out.

Terence

I got a pair of HF 50's a while ago and all the resistors were way off in value , each amp had different values for the same resistors ! If you are going to replace the caps do it right and replace all the resistors along with the caps and the selenium rectifier with a 1N4005 or higher for the output tube bias.
In the orig HF 60 diagram C10 A&B are 20mf each for a total of 40 mfd, so I would stay at about that value.
Check out the HF60 mods by Dave Gillespie else where on this page. Or email Dave at dcgillespie@yahoo.com for all the info.

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-18_15-58-49.png
    upload_2019-3-18_15-58-49.png
    112.1 KB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom