1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Receiver/Amp Pairing With Monitor iia's

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews & Opinions' started by Samson987, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Samson987

Samson987 New Member

Hey everyone! This my first post so please let me know if this is in the right place or not.

I have a pair of Infinity Monitor iia's that used to be hooked up to an SX-727 as my first real dedicated set up. The Infinity's are currently resting in a friends basement as the 727 took a dive a couple years back and, due to size, have been there ever since.

I am soon going to be moving into an apartment for college and have some extra money to spend on a receiver to finally pump some life back into these speakers. The 727 was bought on a whim back when I was first getting into audio and as such it is the only real sound that I know of. My question is that with a budget of ~500 what could I be on the lookout for that would match well with the Infintys?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. GChief

GChief Not well known, super member or other silliness Subscriber

Hello and welcome to AK. Sorry about the crickets chirping! You should ask this in General Audio, I think you will get more response. I am not sure if the SX-727 is a keeper but how about repair/restore!!