Receiver antenna

cool9

I have a Carver Preamp/Receiver. What type of antenna do I need for FM? The AM is a spade terminal type, I don't know what I need for FM. Connection says "FM75ohms".

How about this?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FM-antenna-...325267?hash=item2ef99d3593:g:QOEAAOSwcL5XNDSZ

2wpmnbn.jpg

You could start by just sticking a wire into the center hole of the jack. Or take a decent size length of old VCR cable and cut off the connector on one and strip the shielding all the way back to the other end - then screw in the end that still has the connector. You may be bathing in so much RF right now at your QTH that you don't need anything more "purpose built".

Try a dipole antenna & a balun transformer. This shouldn't set you back more than $20 or so. Roof top Yagis are the gold standard. Take a step @ a time.

Zip cord ,lamp cord,extension cord, what ever you want to call it. Strip the end and make it a 60" dipole. Connect to receiver and you are done.
EddyR

TV-style rabbit ears are also worth a shot; they're cheap and widely available, and there's decent odds you have one in your house somewhere already.

Back
Top Bottom