receiver/ cartridge impedance

jlh3rd

from info on this site, the recommendation is to match the impedance of a cartridge to the receiver's phono impedance. I'm running an Sx 780 , which not only doesn't have a multiple settings selector but I also don't know what it's rating is for this impedance factor. Plus, I'm using a Pl 518 tt.
I can find threads that recommend certain cartridges based on a TT, but nothing concerning an Sx 780 and impedance......plus, with this info now...any cartridge recommendations are appreciated.
Currently using a shure v15 type III with the top of the line jico stylus, a denon 110, and a super OM 10.......

From the manual on HiFiEngine, the impedance of the phono input on the SX780 is 50 kOhms. The standard is 47 kOhms, which is what is suggested for the V15 Type III, the OM10, and the 110. You're fine, as you will be with most MM cartridges.

GTF nailed it. The generally accepted standard impedance for magnetic carts is 47 - 50 k and amps were manufactured to live with that.

Plus, I'm using a Pl 518 tt.

I can find threads that recommend certain cartridges based on a TT, but nothing concerning an Sx 780 and impedance......plus, with this info now...any cartridge recommendations are appreciated.
Currently using a shure v15 type III with the top of the line jico stylus, a denon 110, and a super OM 10.......

FYI

The Pioneer PL-518 was factory equipped with the Pioneer PC-135 cartridge. :)
https://www.vinylengine.com/library/pioneer/pc-135.shtml

It was, if you bought it in Japan or in Europe. Not supplied with a cartridge in the USA or Canada, owner and dealer chose it.

no, mine did not. that's why I have a shure v15 III......
I should have asked about capacitance compatibility also.

Back
Top Bottom