Recent price data on "Holy Grail" top-end tuners

I am considering selling my TX-9500 Pioneer, since there's NOTHING worth listening to, and I have a tuner on my SX-1250 that is more than adequate.

Now I have no idea what to ask.

The end of an era. A bit sad.

Wide range in sales. Low hundreds to $200 - $300. Saw one up here on CAM went for $300 in March, nice shape. Is the problem few stations or just none to your liking? I'm lucky with good Vancouver FM.

I live in Frogballs, Ky (not real name) but there's just....nada. The one station worth listening to (where I used to work as a jock, lol) has been taken over by two of the worst DJ's I've ever had the displeasure of listening to, and there's NPR, with their monthly beg-a-thon.

Nashville has an amazing jazz station, but I can only pick it up at night, and only barely. The rest of the stations are that bro-country horseshit that I cannot understand ANYONE liking, and talk radio.

Occasionally, Western Ky University's radio station plays some good stuff.

The previous CT-7000 I flagged went for over $1,0000 but the tuner market is way down. Good luck! The 9500 is well-regarded.

I'm supposed to be receiving this later this week. I already have a silver one, but I couldn't resist this at the price.

It apparently has a non-original power switch cover, but I'm sure I can find the correct one eventually.

I bid on that Sony, I wanted the box and manual but not that much.

The tuner market is distressing lately.... But everything is cheap this time of year I think.

Wow, surprised that T-100 didn't go for more... lot of tuner for that price.

John

That's a heck of a deal considering they also included the original owners.

"WE FOUND THE ORIGINAL OWNERS TO THE T-100 AND WILL BE INCLUDING THIS IN THE AUCTION!!"

I'm surprised eBay would allow that.

Might explain the lower price, actually... room & board ain't cheap these days!

John

I am considering selling my TX-9500 Pioneer, since there's NOTHING worth listening to, and I have a tuner on my SX-1250 that is more than adequate.

Now I have no idea what to ask.

The end of an era. A bit sad.

Did you ever come up w/ an idea of value?

I have a 9500 II tuner; I'd like to know its worth

I did not, ballylongford. I'm guessing I'd be lucky to get 100. Oh well. I thinks that's about what I got in it, with repairs and all.

First I've heard of Presley's demise. My condolences. My beloved Budah left me earlier this year, peacefully surrendering to the vet's administration. It was the right thing to do, and I wish I'd done it sooner.

Remember the good times, and the love.

Interesting piece and I've read good things about that model... didn't do it any favors with the tiny frequency display though, IMO. Could almost be an integrated amp if you didn't look closely.

John

Actually the frequency display is a rotating drum like that on the Citation 14, which I found very cool. The Naim compact modern British tuner uses one.

Attachments

• naim.jpg
    naim.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom