Recent price data on "Holy Grail" top-end tuners

A year and a half ago I was a bit disappointed when this near mint & freshly serviced MR78 brought only $950 on the famous auction site.

In retrospect, I'm beginning to think this was not as bad a selling price I had thought judging from more recent MR78 sale prices - not to mention that of
all tuners in general.

It's sad that the once-important staple of hi fi seems to be falling into permanent & inexorable decline.

View attachment 845042 View attachment 845043 View attachment 845044 View attachment 845045
That sure is a beauty.I too once had a great fondness for tuners (late 70s into the 80s).I had quite a few from the old analog dial to the digital of the 80s.They are all gone now except for an Aragon 4t2.Save for two wonderful NPR stations it is a wasteland of crap on the dial as far as I am concerned.Made it a lot easier to move on almost all my 70s receivers.I kept this one for the presets.No need to go through the dial and be surprised anymore.Just want to go to my set stations.aragon tuner.jpg

I'd be tempted by the Aragon and maybe an early nixie tube model, otherwise all
my tuners are long gone when prices were still high.

I have a Accuphase T 105 that I might consider selling. I'm a bit new in using this site, but is there a place to post "for sale" items within Audiokarma?

I have a Accuphase T 105 that I might consider selling. I'm a bit new in using this site, but is there a place to post "for sale" items within Audiokarma?
I believe that's in "Barter Town," which is a subscriber only area. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

There is a bartertown section avaiable to AK subscribers only. It's $25 per year to subscribe and well worth it!

Yes - you have to become a subscriber for a paltry $25 and then you'll have access to "Barter Town" where buying/selling is permitted.

Not a "holy grail" or high end tuner but I'm thinking of purchasing an HH Scott LT-10 for $80. Okay deal? Love the tuning dial on the Scotts! I also have a Harman Kardon Counterpoint II which I like quite a bit. Tuners seem to be a niche market but I like having a cool looking old tube tuner in my systems...if nothing else, more eye candy and another knob to play with! And I do listen to NPR a fair amount. I don't see how you can go wrong with vintage tuners selling for under $100. Now the high end tuners...spending $5k on a tuner...wow! I guess if you have deep pockets...

Five pages and no mention of the Yamaha T2?
IMO a top end offering with a 7 section tuning capacitor and stellar specs.
And HEAVY!

Great tuner, but maybe not "Holy Grail." I'm using one right now, but it wasn't difficult to find or particularly expensive. Now a CT-7000, or even better, a CT-7000B, that's a Holy Grail. :)

Two sold for $800 and $1000, about 500 more than the ones sold last fall. Beats 80% of the item prices listed in the thread. However, given that no one even mention it in this thread, I bet the $1000 price tag is low. The price will probably will still increase.

Hard to believe there is no SAE Mark 6 price here. My guess is $500 - $1000

Did you ever come up w/ an idea of value?

I have a 9500 II tuner; I'd like to know its worth

I bought a 9500 II on ebay several years ago and paid in the $225.00 - $250.00 range for one in excellent condition...no wood case. They are very nice tuners and built like tanks. Seems to me I've seen them more recently on ebay in the $150.00 to $250.00 range.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/tuners-fm-tuner-2017-09-25-miscellaneous

Asking Price: $8,995.00
New Retail Price: $11,500.00

My goodness! For the man who has everything?
i0cRoubAQjWMEU17MTkC

Back
Top Bottom