Recieved my darTZeel NHB-108 copy from China

Hey, have you received yours yet?

Yes it has arrived . I can not give a accurate comment at this time as I have to install some high pass caps in the signal input . I run a Sub Sat type system . I tried it full range and feel it does not match my speaker well .Too much LF to the driver . My modified VTL 100 mono blocks are just sublime in my system . After the caps are in and a long break in I will see if this amp is a keeper .

Yes it has arrived . I can not give a accurate comment at this time as I have to install some high pass caps in the signal input . I run a Sub Sat type system . I tried it full range and feel it does not match my speaker well .Too much LF to the driver . My modified VTL 100 mono blocks are just sublime in my system . After the caps are in and a long break in I will see if this amp is a keeper .

I look forward to your feedback. It's stunning with Aurum Cantus F620 speakers. The best I've heard through them.

About 2 days use though it continued to improve over the next three weeks with about 4-5 hours use per week day and about 30 hours use on weekends.

The amp looks and, apparently, sounds great at least for its price.

I don't doubt that the Chinese techies can build equipment to any standard of quality they want to. At this point in history they seems willing to make some compromises to not let 'perfect' get in the way of 'very good'. No doubt even "fake" component can come very close to the authentic, and -- for that matter -- the genuine price often exploit their reputations to price gouge. That said, I don't endorse counterfeiting.

At least the makers of this rip-off copy DatZeel aren't trying to pass it off as a genuine item.

Hi enginedr, how are you getting along with your NHB-108 copy? I'm still getting plenty of wow moments with mine. I had the glass lid off today and turned on ground lift with the inputs. The tiny amount of low level hum I had is now totally gone!

It was only ever audible with my ear to the speaker though this opens up use of more efficient speakers in my system. I may move my 97db Oatlon W2-1000F speakers into this system ;)

Not really, it's settled in and remains the best sound I've ever heard.

I've just recently put a Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL 2.0 in front of it rather than the Schiit Saga and I think it's better though I think different might be the true description as the Schiit was more open and relaxed sounding and appeared more transparent, though the MicroZOTL clearly adds a little more detail, dynamics and injects more energy into the music.

There's something about the signature of the Schiit Saga that I miss though. My wife doesn't notice any difference though she's singing along with and dancing to the music far more so I think it's doing something right.

I'm still awaiting the Linear Power Supply (2 part shipment) so I'm not even getting the best from it yet. Hopefully it will open up the sound a bit more.

I've also found that adding a Bada LB-5500 power conditioner instead of the DC trap has done wonders making for a blacker background so smaller details are more noticeable, and a more clearly defined sound stage. Really worthwhile.

So yes, this amp will remain the centrepiece of my system for many years to come. :)

So yes, this amp will remain the centrepiece of my system for many years to come. :)

Good to read... :thumbsup:

Clipboard01.png

There are now standard upgrade luxury/deluxe 2018 and now a 2019 luxury version available .

There are also really cheap versions with out the bells and whistles case .

Taobao seems to be the cheapest the Chinese really know how to price gouge westerners as this is really Chinese only website .

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=https://world.taobao.com/item/538917354916.htm?spm=a21wu.11804641.1.17

TB2pegBX2PB11BjSsppXXcjYVXa_!!0-taoxiaopu_sell.jpg_400x400.jpg

Way too many options to choose from and which one for the money sounds the best .

I would like to purchase one of these but would do my head in on deciding which one and if the one I bought was the best one .

Last edited:
You simply choose based one what looks closest to the real thing in terms of parts layout for the least $ you can afford. That's what I did. Simple ;)

You simply choose based one what looks closest to the real thing in terms of parts layout for the least $ you can afford. That's what I did. Simple ;)

If only lol

Which one did you buy specifically by the way as the upgrade seems to use pairs and the 2019 is $3500 worth which is way too much of a gamble for me on an unknown product .

Could you get it working in your system and if so how does it sound .

Back
Top Bottom