Recomendations for internal signal path wire in Fax150C

Audiobro

DSCN5495[1].JPG Here is a pic of the existing wiring. The white, yellow, and green wires are a some of the wires I wish to replace. It looks about 22 or 24 gauge and has a grounded shield. Looking for something with different colors available, something similar to what's there. Thanks.

What issue are you trying to resolve with replacing these shielded wires?

What issue are you trying to resolve with replacing these shielded wires?
The issues are filth and age. This receiver has been in my family since before me, it hasn't been stored well. I have begun the process of removing everything, cleaning it or replacing it, and putting it back together. Some of the wiring is cracking, I have found suitable replacement for the hook up wire but not for the signal wire.

Still having no luck finding a suitable replacement coax. Everything I have found is at least twice the diameter of the existing. I might just have to buy some cheap premade RCA cables and chop them up. I was hoping to find something of a bit better quality, since I'm going to all the trouble.

Clean the old ones, replacing it is IMO not a good idea unless they're confirmed bad.

Microfiber cloth soaked in Windex will clean those right up.

I believe there was some similar shielded wire in bartertown a few weeks ago.
No affl
title:
Various project parts cheap

Last edited:
Clean the old ones, replacing it is IMO not a good idea unless they're confirmed bad.

Microfiber cloth soaked in Windex will clean those right up.
Thanks for the response. I had tried to clean them, but they are over 50 years old and some are quite crispy. This is a part of a larger project that incudes removing all the PC boards, I am doing a near complete rebuild/replace on this receiver.

Back
Top Bottom