Recommendations needed: shipping large speakers

Discussion in 'Packing & Shipping' started by RDecartridge, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Descartridge

Descartridge "I hear, therefore I am" Subscriber

Can you recommend a reputable carrier to ship a pair of 150 #, 55x14x18" speakers.
    Palletizing, furniture padding, strapping, loading and transportation etc. services are needed.
    Shipping will be within the states about 1500 miles.

There have been threads along this line; however I need names to contact.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. hnash53

hnash53 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I've shipped some big speakers... but not that big.

Hopefully, someone will chime in on this soon for you...

3. gladiator335

gladiator335 MRTI Subscriber

Try to contact some LTL (Less Than Truckload) carriers in your area (just google them). Should be less expensive than Fedex and such.
    Also try Greyhound (yeah THAT one!) but I'm not sure they do palletization etc...
    Good luck!

4. toxcrusadr

toxcrusadr AK Subscriber Subscriber

Are able to wrap and palletize these yourself, or are you looking for a shipper to do that for you?

If you can palletize them, can you deliver them to a freight depot in your area? I.e. do you have or can borrow a pickup truck. Assuming there are any freight terminals, depends on where you are. Even in my town of 100,000, there are several like Yellow Freight, etc.

These questions will help determine what services you are actually looking for.

5. Descartridge

Descartridge "I hear, therefore I am" Subscriber

Palletizing, furniture padding, strapping, loading and transportation etc. services are needed.

6. awillia6

awillia6 Super Member

I'd try estate sale/auction houses in the area to see if they'll cough up their go-to shipping guys. Good luck.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. toxcrusadr

toxcrusadr AK Subscriber Subscriber

Rereading your original post I can see you said that already, sorry.

That's a bit harder to find...you might ask at local shipping places if they know anyone who can do it. I'm sure the UPS Store won't themselves but they may know someone. Same with a freight company. The estate sale angle is a good one too.

8. Chip Chester

Chip Chester Super Member

Check out Fastenal, the nuts and bolts guys. They do backhaul shipping on their own trucks, and can make things show up at the Fastenal nearest your customer. You would have to get them to the Fastenal nearest you, but 300 lbs on a pallet is not unmanageable.

Chip

awillia6 likes this.