Recommended Brooklyn/Queens Record Stores

Discussion in 'Music Forums' started by ryanward84, Apr 16, 2018.

1. ryanward84

ryanward84 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I will be visiting a friend in Queens for a few days next week. Any great shops to check out?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. TudorTurtle

TudorTurtle Well-Known Member

As of 6 months ago there were no record stores in Queens. After a quick google, I see there now a couple, but Bklyn has cornered the borough market on hip.
    Manhattan and (ack) Bklyn; I like Captured Tracks, Turntable Lab and Academy Records.
    Enjoy your visit!!
    TT
    Whitestone, Queens.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  3. red 111

red 111 AK Subscriber Subscriber

If you dig Reggae...dont miss VP records in Jamaica,Queens...you can look up the address online...also i hear there is a record store on Steinway st called HI-FI Records...but I've never been to that store...its in Astoria...in Queens we lost all 3 of our Barnes & Noble bookstores,,,so no record browsing in that chain.

ryanward84 likes this.
  4. rwartner

rwartner Super Member

Norton Record Shop - "Where the loud sound abounds!"

nortonrecords.com

I've ordered a few from them online.

5. Harvestor

Harvestor Super Member

Why you're there go to Brooklyn and meet John Strohbeen at OHM Acoustics!
    Get a little tour of the speaker building Factory ...some of the best speakers ever made OHM..

If you love your ADS Speakers you will appreciate OHM Speakers.. especially there vintage one's

6. ryanward84

ryanward84 AK Subscriber Subscriber

It looks like VP Records is near my buddies place so I might have to check that out. I love to go to genre specific shops just because they have that passion for a certain sound or culture! Thanks for the all the reccs.

Please register to disable this ad.