Recommended European tube finds

T68

Hi!
Just got a scent of some tube goodness after adding a Little Bear T10 pre to my setup feeding a SS amp.
So I'm a total tube noob.
But my interest in this tech is now definitely piqued.
Living on this side of the pond I'm wondering which brands and models of vintage tube gear that I should be on the lookout for. It seems as if (I may be wrong about this) a lot of the stuff talked about here on AK is US made and maybe more hard to find over here.
Thanks for thoughts and input regarding this!

How about Mullard? Only make of tubes that ever been in my HIWATT & Marshall heads or Marshall and Orange combos.

The numbering system is different, but I'd guess there is no less demand for the prime material here than here. I look at the responses on DIYAudio and there are plenty of enthusiasts in Europe that are experienced and hunting for the best tubes and equipment that originated there. So you could check with the locals and I'm sure you'll get plenty of good advice.

He's asking about tube gear not tubes.
For starters any leak,quad, or beam echo should get you started.

Sorry if I was a bit unclear. But yes, I meant amps, radios and stuff. Thanks for the suggestions!

To name a few brands Philips , saba-telewatt , klein+hummel (K+H) , grundig , telefunfen , siemens , klangfilm , gelosa .
These are continental european brand .
Hope this helps some.
Regards F.

Reactions: T68
A few items to search for : quad-II , radford, leak and the modern audion series.
All UK designs except audion which were designed by erik andersson/SE ( SE stands for swedish or single end whatever you want)

Thanks for the info. I don't have any German amps, but like the design of the Braun units.

Back
Top Bottom