Recommended heart valve replacement...

pdm4606

I know this is not audio related, but...
My cardio Dr. is sending me for extensive testing requiring overnights at the hosp. His determination that my heart aortal valve is failing.

Any experience with this type of diagnosis?
Time for surgery? Time to recover? Follow up procedures?

We have extensive travel plans this summer and this is blowing everything away.
We haven't been anywhere for several years and wanted to see some stuff and friends.
I am perfectly willing to make some changes. No problem there.

Is travel possible after surgery and if so what is the timeline?

Paul

no experience with this but I do hope you feel better soon! I have A-fib and eventually may need a pacemaker.

I have a bro-in-law that had pig valves replace his and he's doing well. I don't know what his recovery time was like for him. Let us know what happens! Prayers will be dispatched... :yes:

I have plenty of experience dealing with heart issues (clogged arteries), angioplasties and recovery post heart attack - but not with Valves. I know that they are really good with those these days, so you should come through it all just fine. Just ask a lot of questions and make sure you understand everything that they plan to do and why. This understanding will help you "keep an eye" on the process - always a good idea.

Sorry, no experience whatsoever. But I had to comment when I saw that this was in the "Non-Audio DIY" forum. :D:D:D:D

I had a vision of you doing open heart surgery on yourself. Glad to hear that you will have competent help, and as always good luck.:thmbsp:

My father in law just had one of his replaced.

They went thru his artery in his leg and replaced it. Much easier than going thru chest. He spent about 3 days in the hospital than a week in rehab facility getting his strength back.

Sorry, no experience whatsoever. But I had to comment when I saw that this was in the "Non-Audio DIY" forum. :D:D:D:D

I had a vision of you doing open heart surgery on yourself. Glad to hear that you will have competent help, and as always good luck.:thmbsp:

Exactly my thoughts.
A good chuckle at the DIY perspective; a bit more exacting than digging out an ingrown hair, if you know what I mean.
And yes,… best wishes and vibes going out.

Last edited:
My father in law just had one of his replaced.

They went thru his artery in his leg and replaced it. Much easier than going thru chest. He spent about 3 days in the hospital than a week in rehab facility getting his strength back.

Almost exactly the same experience for my Dad last summer. He was over with my Mom for dinner last night, and found out I have my lawn mowed by a service. He laughed. Still does his own with a walk behind, self propelled, electric mower.

His valve replacement was easy and effective, and all paid for by the VA.

I thought the same thing.

Lots of counterfeits on Ebay. I'd stick with Amazon. :eek:

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom