Record Bin From single 4 x 8 Sheet of Plywood - Plans

Hi everyone!

Awesome thread and inspiration! :)
Just about to start buildning my own variant.. Just wondering if anyone has a drawing/plan in Centimeters? Im sure not everyone here is from the states :)

First time here. Wow I am impressed with all the ideas. Who knew!! I am going with the 3 tire unit but putting a drawer on bottom with the top two holding the records. That way my old ass will not have to get to the floor!! Thanks

Hey!
I'm hard at work on my second unit right now. Will have both done this week. Pics are coming :)
You can follow my progress on my instagram @Thurbers_vinyl

Attachments

• IMG_20181119_143247.jpg
    IMG_20181119_143247.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 115
Hey!

So I'm finally done with my 2 bins. Really happy with the result!
As you can see in the pics I went for a little bit more "clean look", very shiny white, I'm from Scandinavia you know ;)

Big thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread and all your inspiration and ideas!

Feel free to ask me any questions about my take on the build :)

IMG_20181129_184321.jpg IMG_20181130_010038.jpg

Hey!

As you can see in the pics I went for a little bit more "clean look", very shiny white, I'm from Scandinavia you know ;)

Big thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread and all your inspiration and ideas!

I like the idea of making the inners white. What did you do on the other surfaces - paint or stain?

Hey!

View attachment 1343695 View attachment 1343696
They look great. I just refinished the two I built awhile back. Now they almost match;)

I like the idea of making the inners white. What did you do on the other surfaces - paint or stain?
I painted 2 times with a "base white" and then one time with a "shiny" white. So 3 times in total. All sides and areas, inside and outside are the same color. I know my picture makes it look like they are different colors, but it's not :)

I have to tackle this project soon...running out of space fast!

Are most of you getting 500 - 600 in each unit?

I have to tackle this project soon...running out of space fast!

Are most of you getting 500 - 600 in each unit?

It really depends on if you have old records or new ones in gatefolds, 2xlp albums, and if you like to put every record in a plastic sleeve.

I have 90% brand new records, tons of gatefold and put every record in a plastic case. So I get about 100 in each compartment.

Also depends on how tight you wanna stack your records. I want some room for flipping through mine.

So I would get about 4-500 in total. Others would get 5-600 :)

Back
Top Bottom