Record player for a 4 yr old?

Yep. Today your parents would probably go to jail and you to a foster home. I tell my daugther that if she doesn't stop with all this crap I am going to get my grand-daughter a Michelin "bibloman" tire suit to wear at all times so she can bounce off of everything. A real "bubble-baby". Makes we wonder how we have ever survived as a species.

I probably won't be allowed to get Olivia a TT because it has a 'needle' in it. She might poke herself in the eye or eat it.

I have one but...

orthophonic said:
An ideal player for a child is one of those school type players from
Califone, Hamilton, Audiotronics etc. Very rugged and significantly better
sound than a Fisher Price type. They pop up in the thrifts around here
for under ten dollars and are on E-bay all the time for a bit more money.
Just a thought.

To jamesgf:

I cannibalized the lid for a Silvertone 30's floor console it's actually stereo with a stobe speed control and runs 1/4 inch jacks for PA, but it is your average Califone none the less. If you can use it and find another 12 PM speaker, you are most welcome to it, plus shipping. Califones also had a neat motor switch which was great for stopping the filmstrip or pausing to talk to the class. I believe it's a four speed and it does flip for 78 rpm as I recall. It's in the cellar right now and you get the 1/4" to RCA adapters free also.

PM me if this is what you'd be interested in. It is a neat TT.

Back
Top Bottom