Record Storage Score!

damacman

Resident Psycho
I been scouring CL for two years now looking for a piece of furniture for my records, RTR, and Okki Nokki to call home. Today, the fiancé stumbles across this piece on a Facebook selling group local to us. Wow!

You talk about solidly built! It was a PITA getting it down the stairway of the seller's home - OMG. It breaks down into 3 pieces for simple transport but the cube section has gotta weigh 250lbs on its own. It's color is a hair lighter than my main rack but it's close enough. Shelves are all adjustable and all matching hardwood.

Best thing about this is the three HUGE drawers along the bottom. All the accessories, tools, chemicals, doodads, and 45s disappeared into the one on the right and the other two are open. It's also got room to grow - I do have about 100 records that need cleaned yet. The empty cube to the left of the RTR will be home to some gear that I'll move from the main rack so that it's less congested.

Good things come to those who wait! $325

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 152
Classy as hell with the R2R in the middle. If the main rack is too crowded, then of course move stuff but honestly it would look amazing with the R2R surrounded by albums.

Wow, nice score. I love the look of the centered R2R. Plus, that McIntosh system isn't too shabby either! Are those XRT20 or 18 speakers? Regardless, another Wow...! :bowdown:

Edit - I 'think' they're XRT22's...!!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Very nice! Looking for similar storage in my local area as well. Love it when a plan comes together just by falling into your lap. :thumbsup:

That's a great looking rack and I can just imagine it was a pita moving it down a flight of stairs. It does seem to fit in well with the rest of your fine looking gear to:thumbsup:

That's a great looking rack and I can just imagine it was a pita moving it down a flight of stairs. It does seem to fit in well with the rest of your fine looking gear to:thumbsup:

Everyone loves "a great looking rack"! The OP's LP's never looked better! :cool:

1414299923435_wps_10_bavarian_bier_cafe_2602_P.jpg

I have got some really great stuff recently from Facebook Marketplace......and I trust it more than I do CW since I can see who I am dealing with beforehand.

Beautiful piece of furniture.

If I had it would have to be bolted to the wall. Living in Calif. it would need to be secured in case of the big one.

Wow, nice score. I love the look of the centered R2R. Plus, that McIntosh system isn't too shabby either! Are those XRT20 or 18 speakers? Regardless, another Wow...! :bowdown:

Edit - I 'think' they're XRT22's...!!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
Thanks! XRT22s, powered by bridged MC2600s. The 2ch system is basically the system in my sig.

Top half the stairway went east, the bottom half went west. The landing was about 6" wider than the cabinet and barely big enough to make the turn. My arms are still talking to me.

Beautiful piece of furniture.

If I had it would have to be bolted to the wall. Living in Calif. it would need to be secured in case of the big one.
No danger of that in AZ. At least let's hope. I did secure the bottom section to the top section. Assembled, I bet it weighs 350 - 400lbs before the records and gear.

Back
Top Bottom