Record storage with covers facing out, not spines - Post yours!

Here's one of mine...

attachment.php

Made this from plans from right here on AK. The casters make it very convenient and it fits in the closet so it's not taking up floor space.

Last edited:
I finally got around to 'finishing' mine. I want to thank everyone here who provided info, pics, etc. in past posts. All of the info on here was really helpful and made the project that much easier.

BEFORE (AGH- I can't read any of those darn spines! Records Everywhere! Wait...what's this?)

attachment.php

AFTER
attachment.php

At this point I was still organizing/sorting through my records. Now everything is alphabetized. Rock is on top. Blues/Jazz on lower left. Lower right is for 'new' bands/music. At some point I'd like to stain the wood a bit. But, for now, not too shabby.

Attachments

• before.JPG
    before.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 1,225
  • IMG_1933.JPG
    IMG_1933.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 1,226
I love those racks. Unfortunately I need shelves on top of my racks for components so I need to use the Ikea Expidits. I only wish I could do them covers out. :( I hate splines too.

I like Saratoga48's solution for a rec room. Nice to have so many covers displayed. I've been building my own - need to complete it - with 10 more boxes like the two on the top right, and maybe folding doors:

picture.php

Last edited:
I bought 2 of these at a yard sale for $1 each. Repainted the gold and did a little Old English on the wooden parts. Turned out nice and the retro look fits the basement theme. Forgive the cell phone pics.

lprack.jpg

that was a great find for the price! I really like the retro look of those. Nice find, and nice job!

Sorry about all of the posts. I never really thought of storing records like this. Shopping for them like this, of course! Storing them? Never thought of it!

I just store mine in a bookcase, spines, out, alphabetical by band then chronological by album release date. CDs became the form of media when I was in HS, as my freshman year no one really had CD players, but by the time I graduated everyone had CDs....so the bulk of my music for now is on CD but my vinyl collection is rapidly re-expanding, and this is also how I have always stored them. I think I might be lost after 25+years of doing it that way as I know right where to pinpoint a record or cd with my "system". LOL

Nonetheless, I love looking at all of these storage setups in this thread. Very cool ideas! Perhaps I might have to complete change the way I'm doing things!

I have this kind of storage system, like modular units bought while in the army overseas, have about twenty of them.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 154
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 240
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 70
that was a great find for the price! I really like the retro look of those. Nice find, and nice job!

Thanks Bluzfn5. I also got this matching pole LP holder for free at an estate sale last summer.
null_zps9a5d9f15.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom