1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

Recording Streaming Audio

Discussion in 'Music Streaming' started by Freds.Bands, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Freds.Bands

Freds.Bands Live Music Listener Subscriber

One computer providing audio via headphone or USB connected DAC connected to another running Audiocity or Gold wave or the like. Or just tape it.

2. tubeyea

tubeyea New Member

That's an awfully complicated mop (method of procedure) I won't speak to the legality of the concept but if you want to record a stream into a prefect digital copy in a flac, alac or mp3 format anyone can do so on a single computer using a program like Audio Hijack. If your not a mac owner however I'm uncertain of a windows equivalent.

But again the legality of doing so is the issue, I'd advise against doing so.

olson_jr and Paddy Garcia like this.
  3. Chip Chester

Chip Chester Super Member

If you use Firefox, there's Ant, which usually does it for video. Should do it for audio, I suppose. I think it works by preserving the existing data in the buffer instead of allowing it to be erased. And I would think Soundflower offers an option too. And maybe Quicktime 7. All for Mac, of course...

Chip

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  4. Freds.Bands

I'm avoiding discussion of copyright, which is an issue one must consider. I'm not aware of streaming capture programs; this procedure uses two stereo wires and a recording program one your choice. I've found it easy to do.

5. tubeyea

tubeyea New Member

Easy to do yes. But not as simple as the solution I posted, plus with your method multiple possibilities for signal degradation exist. Using a single computer and the proper program for a bit for bit perfect copy is the way to go.

6. Freds.Bands